• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#21 Jay

Jay

I'm Always in Love

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:07 AM

the "events" view only displays 5 shows at a time. maybe that could be pushed to 10 or 15.

the site is great. i love the links to the venue's page and to Ronen's lyrics site. this will satisfy the Wilco geek in all of us.

#22 Twisted Acres

Twisted Acres

Se´┐Żor Misterioso

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:16 PM

Absolutely brilliant, Rob. All the best as the new setlist dude.

#23 Basil II

Basil II

Huh? What??

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:30 PM

Sooooo,you be the "Timeline Dude"???........... :worship

#24 Rooney

Rooney

Playboy

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 08:12 AM

Rob, the site is GREAT!! Thanks for doing this.

#25 Rob

Rob

Sir Robert of WilcoBase

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 04:29 AM

one glitch that i noticed: when i went to view venues, and searched for just IL, i got the first page of results (1-10 of 39), but when i clicked for page two, it took me out of the search results and back to the original listing of all venues (i think).

yep, you're right. oops. :blush
I'll take a look at it this afternoon.

Thanks for all the positive feedback and helpful suggestions. Here's a few of the suggestions, and things I'll be adding to the site soon:* Add links for reviews, photos, scanned setlists, posters, etc. These will be displayed on the event page under the setlist.
* Display the encore breaks
* Display short notes associated with each show
I should have most of these things working this weekend. So, if you have some Wilco pictures on a web page, or a scanned setlist, or whatever, send me a link to your page, and I'll add it to the site.

Also, if you have any other suggestions for improvement, or if there's something else you would like to see added to the site, don't hestitate to drop me a line.

#26 Guest_tet_*

Guest_tet_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2004 - 04:22 PM

Congrats Rob. This looks great - and the calender thing is much better than the listing of dates on wilcoweb.

#27 pillowy star

pillowy star

Let's Tweedy Again

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 05:15 AM

Now, after the first shows are over, downloaded and burned on CD, I would like to give my kudos to you again, Rob. The work you are doing on your site is absolutely wonderful, and I don't even want to imagine how much work it actually is for you :unsure:

So THANK YOU again, from the bottom of my Wilco-addicted heart :worship

#28 Rob

Rob

Sir Robert of WilcoBase

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 05:20 AM

Now, after the first shows are over, downloaded and burned on CD, I would like to give my kudos to you again, Rob. The work you are doing on your site is absolutely wonderful, and I don't even want to imagine how much work it actually is for you  :unsure:

So THANK YOU again, from the bottom of my Wilco-addicted heart  :worship

:rotfl

Well, I'm actually working on it right now! You caught me.
Just added a setlist scan from the 9:30 club show.

Wilco @ 9:30 club

#29 pillowy star

pillowy star

Let's Tweedy Again

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:19 AM

:rotfl

Well, I'm actually working on it right now!  You caught me.
Just added a setlist scan from the 9:30 club show.

Oh, my nickname is "Mrs. Psychic", so don't ever wonder :nailbite

#30 Rob

Rob

Sir Robert of WilcoBase

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 11:11 PM

Well, thanks to some suggestions from Chandler, Wilcobase has a new page with others to follow shortly.

The new page is called Played/Not Played. You can search for songs that were played or not played in 2 different years. Check it out and let me know if you have any issues, or if you have any ideas for similar types of pages.

Enjoy,
Rob

#31 skyflynn

skyflynn

PM on the way

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,470 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 03:46 AM

Great idea, Chandler!

Thanks Rob, this is really cool!

#32 Rob

Rob

Sir Robert of WilcoBase

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 11:11 PM

Well, if you thought that was cool, you are really gonna love the "Every Time Played" page.... go check it out.

Again, thanks to Chandler for the idea, and many others here who helped me by testing out early versions of these new pages.

:cheers

Edited by Rob, 15 September 2004 - 11:12 PM.

#33 Nobody Girl

Nobody Girl

Hummingbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:30 AM

That's really cool! And I'm sure it's not just the alcohol talking. :beer

#34 Hodie

Hodie

Psycho Cyclist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 09:44 AM

Wow, that page is going to make me go way too analytical. How amazingly fun! This site is turning out beautifully, thanks so much.

#35 Rob

Rob

Sir Robert of WilcoBase

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 10:03 AM

Well, I've added another new page to the site.

For lack of a better name, this new page is called Setlist Matcher. It lets you pick up to 5 songs, then it will report back with every setlist that contains all your songs.

Give it a try, and let me know if you have any problems.

#36 Rob

Rob

Sir Robert of WilcoBase

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 10:36 PM

I'm pleased to announce the latest addition to wilcobase.com -- CDR Artwork archive!

You can browse the artwork HERE

Huge thanks to the initial group of cover art artists. They deserve all the credit for the artwork -- 303 CDR covers and counting!

If you have artwork you'd like to contribute, use the Contact e-mail on the site. Enjoy. And as always, if you see anything strange, or are having problems, drop me a line.

:beer

#37 Albert Tatlock

Albert Tatlock

Flying Burrito Brother

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:34 AM

For those of you who don't know, I run the Wilco setlist database at wilcobase.com. In addition to setlists, I like to include pictures from as many shows as possible.

There's been tons of pictures posted here recently...

I've tried to keep up and contact the owner to get permission to post them on wilcobase.com, however, I just can't keep up. Also, sometimes it's difficult to find all the pictures since they get mixed in with the After The Show discussions.

So, here's what I'm proposing... If you have pictures of Wilco shows (recent or otherwise), and you wouldn't mind having them included on wilcobase, I'd love to hear from you. You can post links to your pictures in this thread. If you don't have the ability to post the pictures online, just post a message here, and I'll contact you and we can make arrangements for me to host the pictures.

Here's a link to the recent pictures I've added to the site to give you an idea on how it will look when I include your pictures:
http://wilcobase.com/whats_new.php

Thanks,
Rob

Just thought it mught be useful to have your message in a pinned thread :cheers

#38 Rob

Rob

Sir Robert of WilcoBase

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:33 PM

Looks like it's been awhile since I've posted an update here, so....

I've been working alot lately on the Songs Played page. I've just added the ability to sort the columns and also the ability to view songs by TOUR. This is the first time I've added Tour information to wilcobase, so check it out and let me know what you think.

I've also just used generic names for the tours. If you know of any "official" names for the tours, please let me know.

Also, as always, if you have any ideas for something you'd like to see on the site, drop me a line and I'll do my best to get it added to the site.

#39 GPARSUNDA

GPARSUNDA

Grasshopper Greensnake

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 02:28 AM

Well, if you thought that was cool, you are really gonna love the "Every Time Played" page.... go check it out.

I've been working alot lately on the Songs Played page

Well, I've added another new page to the site. For lack of a better name, this new page is called Setlist Matcher. Give it a try, and let me know if you have any problems.

Woow, all these pages and additions make more and more complete the Wilco database, and you have added them so incredibly fast and fitting in the proper context you should be proud of it. There is so much stuff now, I don't know how to start with... :dancing

#40 Rob

Rob

Sir Robert of WilcoBase

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:09 PM

Hey everyone...

I've just updated the Google Earth file containing placemarks for all the venues Wilco has been to over the years.

If you can spare a few minutes, I'd appreciate any help in checking these and correcting any mistakes. There are still many venues that are just located in the correct city but not anywhere close to the correct street address. Take a look at the venues you've been to, or the venues in your hometown and let me know if they are incorrect.

Here's the link for the Google Earth file: http://wilcobase.com/wilco.kmz

In case you don't have it, you can get Google Earth from here (Windows & Mac OS/X): http://earth.google.com/index.html

You can post corrections back here, or e-mail them to me at feedback@wilcobase.com

Thanks for you time and your help.
--rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users