wilcobase.com

Yikes!

I may be able to get to it this weekend.

Thanks to A-Man, this effort is well underway. :thumbup

You will now see links to Owl & Bear under the setlists for shows that are available there.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys rule!!! :cheekkiss Thank you ... all of you ... for all your efforts and expense of keeping everything so tidy and linkable and updated and available for download. Good times for Wilco fans!

We are lucky to have you all on board. :worship

• 2 months later...
# 06/08/2008 - Added Discussion Threads to show pages

Each of the Show pages now has a place for you to enter comments on the show. This is going to be an experiment, but I think it will add value to the site. Feel free to add personal reviews, setlists, or anything else you see fit.

• 1 year later...

is it possible for someone to make a username and actually checkmark the shows hes been to and where.i know phish has something like that.

Sorry, it's not possible to do that. I just don't have the time to work on the site much these days. If I ever get back into it, that would be one feature I'd like to add.

• 8 months later...

Hi! Do you know if Rob is still around? I sent an e-mail with some setlist info but never got any answer or the info was ever updated on the wilcobase site... Is the feedback e-mail the right one to contact? Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Do you know if Rob is still around? I sent an e-mail with some setlist info but never got any answer or the info was ever updated on the wilcobase site... Is the feedback e-mail the right one to contact? Thanks!!

I have not heard back from him in quite a while.

• 4 months later...

Is it possible that someone can set up the site so we can put in all the Wilco shows we have attended and run our own personal stats.

I think that would be really cool. Does anyone agree?

• 7 months later...

Moderator Edit: Below is a quote from a different thread, but copied here for continuity, to keep Wilcobase talk in the Wilcobase thread. Neat and tidy! (Thanks!)

You should be able to go to Wilcobase and get all the setlists you want. It's just sort of behind at the moment. All you need to do is say - "setlist courtesy of Wilcobase".

Information wants to be free.

tell me all yr secrets

I like that. Information is king. Information is freedom.

It's not just "sort of behind" - it's way behind. I like the site a lot and would love if it was updated now. I'll keep checking it though.

- Dan

You should be able to go to Wilcobase and get all the setlists you want. It's just sort of behind at the moment. All you need to do is say - "setlist courtesy of Wilcobase".

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi all,

It's nice to see that there's a thread that just deals with Wilcobase here. Quite neat and tidy of the admin's to keep it that way!

I tried to contact the person who runs it a couple of weeks ago, but haven't gotten a response. Does anyone know if he is still around by chance? I would love to get a copy of his html, php, database and everything else in order to set up something similar for another artist that I'm really into and have been for years. The way Wilcobase was set up I think is amazing and fantastic and easily the best of any type of band gigography website I've ever seen hands down. I just wish I could get a copy of it and get some info and have a few resources in setting one up myself. :(

Ron quit working on WilcoBase quite awhile back, but I had heard that there was another fan planning to take it over and update it. That doesn't seem to have happened. I'll see what I can find out...if I learn anything, I'll post it here.:thumbup

Hi all,

It's nice to see that there's a thread that just deals with Wilcobase here. Quite neat and tidy of the admin's to keep it that way!

I tried to contact the person who runs it a couple of weeks ago, but haven't gotten a response. Does anyone know if he is still around by chance? I would love to get a copy of his html, php, database and everything else in order to set up something similar for another artist that I'm really into and have been for years. The way Wilcobase was set up I think is amazing and fantastic and easily the best of any type of band gigography website I've ever seen hands down. I just wish I could get a copy of it and get some info and have a few resources in setting one up myself. :(

FYI, myself and a pal (he has a username on here but rarely posts) basically got Rob’s data a few years back and set up a database of sorts that you can find at wilcosetlists.com. It was around the time that Wilco management asked to also obtain Rob’s raw data for use on the Wilcoworld site, which he gave them. So the setlists you can find on there, outside of the last four or five years when management has been providing them (or not) themselves, are drawn from Wilcobase, which in turn was drawn from the original Wilco Timeline Project.

Anyway, as regards wilcosetlists.com, we never really fully advertised it because I’ve been personally updating and vetting the setlists and I’m about a year behind right now (in addition to the 2010-2011 void when Wilcobase had stopped updating that I also intend to try and fill in as much as possible). So I will get it back up to date eventually, but it’s a labor of love. The hiatus helps, though!

Also as a note, our site is not meant to be a repository for posters and other memorabilia and whatnot the way Wilcobase was. It’s mainly to make sure there’s a resource for accurate setlist tracking because setlist.fm and, frankly, Wilco’s own social media/Web site don’t always get it totally right.

But anyway, it’s there if you want to poke around on it. Like I said I just haven’t updated the end of 2016 and all of 2017 — yet. As far whether Rob’s still around, I’m not sure how much he still lurks around here if at all. I haven’t been in touch with him in a while, but I know one of the reasons he had to stop doing Wilcobase was he had a kid, so I’m sure family and real work probably keep him fairly busy.

FYI, myself and a pal (he has a username on here but rarely posts) basically got Rob’s data a few years back and set up a database of sorts that you can find at wilcosetlists.com. It was around the time that Wilco management asked to also obtain Rob’s raw data for use on the Wilcoworld site, which he gave them. So the setlists you can find on there, outside of the last four or five years when management has been providing them (or not) themselves, are drawn from Wilcobase, which in turn was drawn from the original Wilco Timeline Project.

Thanks for the reply...

Quite frankly, I'm looking for the raw data in terms of the entire website that I could then take and modify and start using it for a different artist entirely. It's less for the particular Wilco set lists and Wilco specific and more as a shell to build a different website. All in all, I love the Wilcobase setup and just how complete it is but would probably change things around such as color schemes and a few other things.

I do realize a lot of people who put together websites aren't very happy to give them up to others, considering all the time and effort that is put into creating them....but it'd be highly appreciated and would certainly help me out a great deal...to say the least. :)

Do any of my fellow fanatics here know the official title of the song Wilco played back in 1995 that starts with the line "She left home in a hurry?" 

I've seen it alternately listed as "Turn Around and Come Back to Me," "I Wish I Were Ian Dury," or just "Ian Dury." 

Do any of my fellow fanatics here know the official title of the song Wilco played back in 1995 that starts with the line "She left home in a hurry?"

I've seen it alternately listed as "Turn Around and Come Back to Me," "I Wish I Were Ian Dury," or just "Ian Dury."

Don’t know if there was/is an actual official title. I remember someone asking Jeff about it a few years ago and him saying it was a song he never finished...fwiw.