New Star Wars Fan Choice figure revealed!

Couldn't find the old thread about the fan choice voting and such. I know there was a big debate about it among the nerds around here especially those in the pro-ice cream man camp (suckers).

From TheForce.net

Fan's Choice Figure Revealed!

Posted By Curto on July 10, 2006

The winner is...Quinlan Vos!

Well, not really. While Quinlan Vos DID win the most number of votes, you may recall from our latest 411 report, Quinlan Vos is already slated to be made in a new line of Expanded Universe 2-packs.

So who does that make the winner then? The second place winner of course. In this case, it's Darth Revan from Knights of the Old Republic.

TF25-Revan-tn.jpg

Find out more in ToyFare #109, on sale on Wednesday, July 12. Also learn who the "mystery figure" that is packed with Kir Kanos, and another top 25 character is also confirmed for 2007!

Now for my nerdy moment in the sun: Fuck the ice cream man or whatever he is. Eat it all of you who voted for him too! I may not be getting laid tonight or tomorrow night or for the forseeable future for that matter, but the guys I voted for won. Woot-Woot! :w00t

I love me some Darth Revan and KOTOR. Awesome game and series!

Dude, you should head out to one of those sci-fi/role-playing/comic book conventions and see what's up. I'm sure you could pull some incrediblely strange ass at those things...girls into stormptrooper masks or spock ears and stuff.

'Hey Princess' you wanna' hop in the tie-fighter and come back to my room to see my Darth Revan?' may just be the perfect pick up line.

sorry hun......what about the girl and the flower prank?? I thought there was some potential there?? :cheekkiss

Yeah, I guess there is something there. It's just going slow - been on a few dates so everything is just fine. I was making a nerd joke. And nerdy women are few and far between...

It seems that that would be the last place to look, given the male:female ratio.

-Jorge

...but the females in said ratio, are probably into some freaky stuff and ready to go. Of course, I have no idea if that's really the case, but I submit these photos from the 1998 'DragonCon' in Atlanta, GA:

manimalsc.jpg

Fantasm99Fairiebb.jpg

culton3b.jpg

You make the call.

Nerd girls, whom I have a medium fetish for, are tough to date. You think nerd boys have self-esteem issues? Nerd girls have them to the thirteenth power.

Couldn't find the old thread about the fan choice voting and such. I know there was a big debate about it among the nerds around here especially those in the pro-ice cream man camp (suckers).

(snip)

Now for my nerdy moment in the sun: Fuck the ice cream man or whatever he is. Eat it all of you who voted for him too! I may not be getting laid tonight or tomorrow night or for the forseeable future for that matter, but the guys I voted for won. Woot-Woot! :w00t

I love me some Darth Revan and KOTOR. Awesome game and series!

:ermm

I'll eat my shit politely, I guess.

Sure, he may have lost, but I'm still proud of Ice Cream Maker Guy. Nobody had any idea he even existed until my online buddy Scott founded that goofy website and petition, and several years later, he's one of the top-25 most wanted figures out there. For a total grassroots effort, that's pretty impressive, considering the amount of characters out there to choose from--most of whom have had a great deal more exposure than ol' Willrow could ever imagine. And I don't think we'll ever know the official results of the poll, but I bet that Willy had a nice turnout--who knows? Maybe even a good enough turnout to make Hasbro take notice.

ecg.gif

The ICMG is dead; long live the ICMG.

Thanks to everyone here who voted for him.

How often do they do these fan choice figure? I honestly don't know. I know the past fan choices were pretty poor choices.I actually think that the fan choice should be off the beaten path characters, but cool ones.

It's cool that they're doing an EU series of figures. I am a huge KOTOR. I lost faith in Lucas and Star Wars until KOTOR. The games blew me away. Such an awesome story. Of course, I believe Knights of the Old Republic should have it's own line of figures, but that's just my fanboy wishes. With it being such a popular title and game, I don't see why they don't. I know Lucas is even thinking of a KOTOR live-action series if the new live action series does well. There's just so much that can be done with the Jedi Tales/KOTOR era: Mandalorian Wars, Exar Khun, The Jedi/Sith War and subsequent Jedi Civil War. All within a 60 yeat period or so in Star Wars terms.

If you haven't checked out KOTOR or Jedi Tales - they kick the original trilogies ass.

If you haven't checked out KOTOR or Jedi Tales - they kick the original trilogies ass.

No work of art that the human race has created or will ever create can surpass the original trilogy. :pirate Is everything all right at home? Who is beating you and locking you in the root cellar for 23 hours a day?

No but episodes 1-3 can definitely tarnish you view of what was once great. Seriously. The prequels totally burst my boyhood view of Star Wars. Like the lose of innocence or something like that. I don't want to go into it now, but it totally changed my outlook on the OT.

And yes, check out KOTOR I. I think you might like it. The whole Darth Revan saga is pretty damn good. I believe it would make a helluva movie. KOTOR II is no where near as great, but still very solid. I just hope that all sins will be forgiven in KOTOR III.