natalie jane / st. genevieve

I do not know if this the right forum for this, but I wanted folks to know about the recent passing of natalie jane, a longtime wilco poster and fan. This is a posting from the Sweetaddy forum, a friend posted this:

natalie jane, a long-time sweetaddy poster, passed away on thursday here in portland. shes been a poster since 2002, but hasnt been as active in the past few years.

were not certain yet what, exactly, was the cause of her death. she had been ailing a bit in the past few weeks, but we were taking care of her and she seemed to be doing better.

nat had just moved back to portland a month ago (from austin where she was completing her midwifery apprenticeship) and was so happy to be back and around people that cared so much about her.

whether you test out your tinfoil sculpture skills, kick sleater-kinneys ass at trivia, or just break out your favorite wilco or jim orourke record, please take a moment to remember how wonderful, brilliant, talented and passionate natalie jane was.

we will miss you natalie jane, more than youll ever know.

xx

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG.

I'm lost for words. My heart goes out to her family and friends...and my fellow VCers.

Oh my God. This is terrible. I never met Nat in person but I always loved her spirit around here. I really don't know what to say. All my best thoughts are with her loved ones right now.

I hope this ain't some fucking joke.

Maybe this place should go dark for a day.

I have one of her tinfoil sculptures.

no no, I don't think it is a joke. I know the person who made the post (she wouldn't joke about something like this) & have met nat jane in the past --- I don't think any joking is going on here. she also sweetly gave me one of her tinfoil sculptures. In fact I learned about Via Chicago because Natalie invited me to begin posting here years ago. condolences to her friends and family.

I'm devastated. I loved Natalie, she was hilarious and brilliant and talented. I can't imagine how much her "real life" friends must be grieving right now, but I'm at a loss for words. We've lost an amazing woman.

I am just shocked right now. I knew Natalie had been feeling under the weather recently, but of course who ever would imagine this. I have one of her sculptures and even played pub trivia with her when we met in Portland. My thoughts and prayers go out to her loved ones. She is missed.

Oh my goodness - Jen just called me and told me about this.

Holy shit.

I just talked to Natalie a few days ago. We were in close contact through journal and AIM. We were going to write a book together.

Oh my god.

I know some people to contact, and will post any information I have.

I am gutted.

Shit.