• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So...I’ve also wondered what early song this was. Anyways, I was listening to a recent show on Nugs.net and I Might came on and the drums were very prominent in the mix. The drumming sounded extremely

Hey u2roolz . Here I am 2 years after you replied to my inquiry (1.5 years after I posted it 🤪).  You are definitely right about the drum beat in I Might. The guitar riff and lyrics are way different

A while back, I downloaded the YHF demos just to have Venus Stop the Train, and it's really getting to me that it cuts out at 3:11. There's definitely more song after that!

For all of you that have a copy of that song, does the actual recording end at that time, or is the song supposed to continue?

(Might it be that I had a bad download?)

FYI " Venus Stop The Train" -YHF(Engineer)Demos - 3:21

-YHF Demos - 4:28 See "OWL & bear"

• 4 weeks later...

Long-time listener, first-time caller... :thumbup

Kudos on an extremely thorough list. That said, I can't believe I caught something that everyone missed for more than a year:

Wilco Officially Released Demos and Remixed Tracks

A Shot In The Arm (Remix) - "Summerteeth" (vinyl only)

I believe it runs 3:54. And I'm 99% sure the vinyl is way OOP by now.

--Rich

One more... There was an official live version of "The Lonely 1" released around the time of Being There, but I have no idea what compilation it comes from. A friend of mine made me a B-sides comp back in the day, but didn't give any details. Same time frame as the "All Over The Place" LP tho.

--Rich

One more... There was an official live version of "The Lonely 1" released around the time of Being There, but I have no idea what compilation it comes from. A friend of mine made me a B-sides comp back in the day, but didn't give any details. Same time frame as the "All Over The Place" LP tho.

--Rich

Get some more details and I'll add it to the list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Under Tweedy solo tracks, Jay Bennett played guitar on Jim Cuddy's "I'll Make Believe It's You".

A sidenote: when they recorded it, Jeff and Jay apparently didn't know Jim Cuddy (of Blue Rodeo). I believe Blue Rodeo's bass player Bazil Donovan ran into Jeff and Jay after a Wilco show and invited them to the studio to sing with Jim. Not sure if they knew of BR or not. Anyway, if you listen carefully, you can hear Jim's guide vocal during Jeff's verse, probably bleeding in from the headphones. Good song though!

Just to ramble a bit more, Jim played "Someday Soon" on that solo tour. He has said he was a big fan of Being There and it influenced his songwriting somewhat.

The other Wilco connection? Former Wilco multi-instrumentalist Bob Egan is a member of Blue Rodeo.

Under Tweedy solo tracks, Jay Bennett played guitar on Jim Cuddy's "I'll Make Believe It's You".

A sidenote: when they recorded it, Jeff and Jay apparently didn't know Jim Cuddy (of Blue Rodeo). I believe Blue Rodeo's bass player Bazil Donovan ran into Jeff and Jay after a Wilco show and invited them to the studio to sing with Jim. Not sure if they knew of BR or not. Anyway, if you listen carefully, you can hear Jim's guide vocal during Jeff's verse, probably bleeding in from the headphones. Good song though!

Just to ramble a bit more, Jim played "Someday Soon" on that solo tour. He has said he was a big fan of Being There and it influenced his songwriting somewhat.

The other Wilco connection? Former Wilco multi-instrumentalist Bob Egan is a member of Blue Rodeo.

Thanks for the info!

I also added Each And Every Day, Poor Myleena, and Winter Song form the "Stay Golden, Smog: The Best Of Golden Smog - The Ryko Years" CD with bonus tracks. I don't have this album and haven't heard the tracks, so I can't confirm Jeff's involvement. can anyone confirm this?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this counts or not, but the Wilco "I am trying to break your heart" DVD contains two solo Tweedy songs never released on CD, (or anywhere else for that matter). I would consider these non LP songs.

"Whispery Kiss" - A short piece of Jeff playing this backstage is on disc one.

"Monkey Mess" - Jeff plays a recorded complete version of this on a boombox (and sings along) on disc two.

Both of these are written by Jeff Tweedy according to the film credits.

Not to be nit-picky but "Whispery Kiss" is listed on BMI/ASCAP as being written by Jeff Tweedy and Jay Bennett.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/title.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&keyID=6385252&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&querytype=WorkID

Don't think Jeff is involved with these 3 tracks:

http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/show...1407&page=2

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, I didn't get a definitive answer from that thread. Here's what I took from it.

• Each And Every Day - Only a fragment that lasts about a minute, written by Kraig Johnson
  • Poor Myleena - Written by Kraig Johnson, played live by the Smog at the Dec 96 shows in Minneapolis and Chicago.
  • Winter Song - Written by Dan Murphy, played live by the Smog at the Dec 96 shows in Minneapolis and Chicago.

No mention of who performs on the tracks. Were these "solo" demos or full band demos or completed, yet unreleased outtakes. This might be obvious to someone who's heard the songs, but I have not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere but does anyone have an mp3 of the studio version of Cars Can't Escape (the one that Wilcoworld was giving away for free) that they could post? Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere but does anyone have an mp3 of the studio version of Cars Can't Escape (the one that Wilcoworld was giving away for free) that they could post? Thanks in advance!

I was going to host and post this today, but as fate would have it, a Blog I RSS (The Good, The Bad, and the Unknown) just posted the "11 Best Wilco B-Sides & Bonus Tracks" yesterday. Number 7 on the list is the very studio version of Cars Can't Escape that you are seeking. I downloaded it just to see if it was any different than the one I got from the official website some years back, and it appears to be the same (same 160kbs bit rate, same track length, sonically sounds the same to me, etc.)

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/2009/07/11-best-wilco-b-sides-bonus-tracks.html

I will stress that I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with the aforementioned blog...I'm just passing along information in light of having seen your post. Hope it helps.

I was going to host and post this today, but as fate would have it, a Blog I RSS (The Good, The Bad, and the Unknown) just posted the "11 Best Wilco B-Sides & Bonus Tracks" yesterday. Number 7 on the list is the very studio version of Cars Can't Escape that you are seeking. I downloaded it just to see if it was any different than the one I got from the official website some years back, and it appears to be the same (same 160kbs bit rate, same track length, sonically sounds the same to me, etc.)

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/2009/07/11-best-wilco-b-sides-bonus-tracks.html

I will stress that I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with the aforementioned blog...I'm just passing along information in light of having seen your post. Hope it helps.

Hum.....That blog lists "Thirteen" as a "Gilmore Girls" track. Can't find any info about this. Was it on a soundtrack or just played on an episode? I found that the origional Big Star version was released on "Our Little Corner of the World: Music From Gilmore Girls" Anybody know anything about this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...