• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So...I’ve also wondered what early song this was. Anyways, I was listening to a recent show on Nugs.net and I Might came on and the drums were very prominent in the mix. The drumming sounded extremely

Hey u2roolz . Here I am 2 years after you replied to my inquiry (1.5 years after I posted it 🤪).  You are definitely right about the drum beat in I Might. The guitar riff and lyrics are way different

Guest Speed Racer

To confirm: Whispery Kiss is registered as published, but a full version has never been released?

Also, "Tried and True" appears as "Tired and True" in the Wilco Officially Released Demos/Remixed/Alt. Version Tracks section.

Thank you for all of this! This really is amazing.

To confirm: Whispery Kiss is registered as published, but a full version has never been released?

I've never heard of an officially released version.

Also, "Tried and True" appears as "Tired and True" in the Wilco Officially Released Demos/Remixed/Alt. Version Tracks section.

Typo noted and fixed. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I was at the Dallas show last night where they played a great version of "Cars Can't Escape." I just realized that the only version of this I have is the piano demo from the YHF demos, but I don't have the "officially released" free version from wilcoweb (which has since been removed). Would someone with this track mind PMing me? I'd really love to get a hold of it. Many thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

On the new 7 Worlds Collide "The sun come out" appears "What Could Have Been" written and sung by Jeff Tweedy (and it's a gem), also on that album there is a different version of "You Never Know". Tweedy and other Wilco members play on many tracks. A limited 2 discs edition exists.

Bye, Roby.

On the new 7 Worlds Collide "The sun come out" appears "What Could Have Been" written and sung by Jeff Tweedy (and it's a gem), also on that album there is a different version of "You Never Know". Tweedy and other Wilco members play on many tracks. A limited 2 discs edition exists.

Bye, Roby.

Both already on the list.

I have found "You never Know" only...

It's the very last entry. Scroll all the way tot he bottom to "Wilco Related tracks" the 7 Worlds Collide sessions/tracks are listed together as an album, not individual tracks, because so many members of Wilco had parts in lots of songs, not just the two you specifically mentioned.

• 1 month later...

Can someone please identify these three songs. They're probably on the non-album list but I wouldn't know because I don't know their titles.

1) "I won't ever cry for you and you won't ever shed tears for me . . . it's not that I don't care at all, we lost touch so long ago."

2) "I kept my distance because she fell in love with everyone, smoking grass and taking x-mas trees she fell in love with me."

3) "I'm gonna find you, put a kiss upon your lips . . . no one outshines you . . ."

Can someone please identify these three songs. They're probably on the non-album list but I wouldn't know because I don't know their titles.

1) "I won't ever cry for you and you won't ever shed tears for me . . . it's not that I don't care at all, we lost touch so long ago."

2) "I kept my distance because she fell in love with everyone, smoking grass and taking x-mas trees she fell in love with me."

3) "I'm gonna find you, put a kiss upon your lips . . . no one outshines you . . ."

1. "Nothing Up My Sleeve" - YHF Demos

2. "Venus Stop The Train" - YHF Demos

3. "Never Let You Down" - YHF Demos

anthonyc007 is correct with the song titles. Just so you know, none of these songs are on the discography because they have never been officially released.

Dear Jeff,

I officially request a double disc (or download-only) B-Sides and rarities comp from Wilco (ala Pearl Jam's "Lost Dogs"), containing unreleased songs. Also, I request an alternate versions bonus disc.

Thanking you in advance,

Me

Ditto.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:w00t Jeff contributes to Golden Smog stuff,does this one counts? Jay Bennett - Bigger Than Blue

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:dnfyxqyaldje

As always more to investigate

The history of Cars Can't Escape/Reasons for You to Love Me is so clouded in mystery, fans will probably never know the truth. Depending on which side you believe, you could call either the Wilco version or the Bennett solo version a "cover" of the other. Unfortunately, it means we will also not likely see Cars Can't Escape on any future Wilco compilations unless they have a better relationship with Jay's estate than they did with Jay when he was alive.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...