Wilco 9-25-11 Merriweather Post Pavillion, Columbia, MD

I can't believe I'm the first to post, and I didn't even write down the songs.

Fantastic show. Very high energy. Crowd standing for 90% of it.

The set list was pretty typical of the last few shows, with one major deviation. They brought out Nick Lowe during the encore to play "36 Inches High". Jeff announced him as " the Jesus of cool" and after the song said, "that was pretty damn good for one rehersal"

For my money, the song that was the most rockin' besides the last couple encore songs was Standing O. Monday and Outtasite were also very high energy.

Just a killer performance tonight. They were tight, they were hot, they were into it.

1. Art Of Almost

2. I Might

3. Black Moon

4. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

5. One Wing

6. Bull Black Nova

7. One Sunday Morning

8. Impossible Germany

9. Born Alone

10. Handshake Drugs

11. Jesus, Etc.

12. Dawned On Me

13. Box Full Of Letters

14. Standing O

15. War On War

16. A Shot In The Arm

Encore:

17. Via Chicago

18. Whole Love

19. 36 Inches (w/ Nick Lowe)

20. Heavy Metal Drummer

21. I'm The Man Who Loves You

22. Monday

23. Outtasite (Outta mind)

I was pretty disappointed with the setlist, tbh. Recent shows hadn't had songs like Drummer or Man Who Loves You, but last night's did. I think the NPR broadcast kinda pressured them to play more of the hits, which was a bit unfortunate. I was hopping they'd bring out some more rare songs, though Box Full of Letters was a nice surprise.

Still, great show. Monday->Outtasite is just the best way to end a set.

I was pretty disappointed with the setlist, tbh. Recent shows hadn't had songs like Drummer or Man Who Loves You, but last night's did. I think the NPR broadcast kinda pressured them to play more of the hits, which was a bit unfortunate. I was hopping they'd bring out some more rare songs, though Box Full of Letters was a nice surprise.

Funny, I've seen the band 5 times now in the DC area and they've played Box Full of Letters for three of those shows.

I didn't miss some of the old staples, but I'm sure glad they kept the old songs they did. A Shot in the Arm kicked the show into a whole 'nother gear. It was pretty wild from there on.

There was a lot of chatter down front in the pit, people seemed more interested socializing then hearing the music. Annoying. Does anyone have a picture of the poster? Looked like a crab made out of a guitar from a distance, they were gone after the show.

Agreed. No Woody songs. A rockin, awesome show as always, but the set list coulda been more eclectic. Def NPR influence.

I'm sure the next leg will have another show near me (Richmond ideally, but Charlottesville works too), and they always seem to whip out the better setlists on the second or third legs of an album release tour, so I'm not worried about it. Still a great show, especially the last few songs.

I'm bummed the posters were sold out though.

Agreed. No Woody songs. A rockin, awesome show as always, but the set list coulda been more eclectic. Def NPR influence.

the NPR link to hear the show http://www.npr.org/2011/09/21/140669742/live-sunday-wilco-in-concert

And Via Chicago to open the encore smoked!

I was disappointed with the crowd staying seated for much of the first quarter of the show, even on some fairly uptempo songs. Sitting at any point during a rock show seems bizarre to me. Didn't seem to bother the band, though -- I guess it's par for the course with Sunday night shows, when presumably less alcohol is being consumed.

As has been noted, the setlist was fairly predictable, except for Nick Lowe's fine cameo in the encore and the fact that they played all 12 minutes of One Sunday Morning. (The crowd stayed seated for that one, but seemed to warm to it as it went on -- how could they not?)

Fortunately, the other predictable thing was that Wilco was predictably awesome. It's so hard to compare their shows because they just kill it every time I see them. Standouts to me were probably "Born Alone" (I think that was the one with Nels playing the double-neck -- I could be wrong on that), "Box Full of Letters," and "Monday." And I enjoyed Jeff's shout-out to those "Communists" at NPR.

I was pretty disappointed with the setlist, tbh. Recent shows hadn't had songs like Drummer or Man Who Loves You, but last night's did.

Huh? I'm The Man Who Loves You has been played at all but one of the shows in this tour. Usually in the encore, sometimes as the closer.

I'm sure the next leg will have another show near me (Richmond ideally, but Charlottesville works too), and they always seem to whip out the better setlists on the second or third legs of an album release tour, so I'm not worried about it. Still a great show, especially the last few songs.

I'm bummed the posters were sold out though.

You can buy the poster online, $8 shipping..

http://nateduval.com/wilcomd

I picked one up at the show and I love it. I also love the fact that Wilco does such cool and unique posters/art for each show. I just wish they would do them in a standard frame size! I spent $25 on the poster but the damn custom frame will probably cost $125 more!

There are worse problems to have in life.

I picked one up at the show and I love it. I also love the fact that Wilco does such cool and unique posters/art for each show. I just wish they would do them in a standard frame size! I spent $25 on the poster but the damn custom frame will probably cost $125 more!

There are worse problems to have in life.

Not that its a thing of beauty or anything but you can get a standard 18x18 frame from amazon and other places for under $40.. I did a quick check before I bought it since I don't want to pay $125 on a frame. :)

If anyone has made mp3's from the NPR stream please let me know, I am really enjoying the stream and would love to put it on my ipod.. Thx!

I'm sure this is at every show and maybe already got discussed, but what's the deal with the hanging owl? For those of you who haven't seen it, behind Jeff on stage there's a small wall hanging that looks like a crocheted owl. The funny thing is, every once in a while, the owl blinks. It doesn't seemed to be timed with the music, it just blinks when it feels like it.