Wilco — 6/22/12, Morrison, CO (Red Rocks Amphitheatre)

Here was the complete setlist, as played, for Night 1 at Red Rocks:

One Sunday Morning>

Poor Places>

Art Of Almost

I Might

Side With The Seeds

Spiders (Kidsmoke) (acoustic arrangement)

Impossible Germany

Born Alone

Open Mind

Handshake Drugs

Whole Love

I Must Be High

I'm Always In Love

Heavy Metal Drummer>

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Dawned On Me

A Shot in the Arm

--------------------------------

Via Chicago

Remember The Mountain Bed

California Stars (w/Punch Brothers on mandolin, fiddle, acoustic guitar, banjo and upright bass and taking all solos)

--------------------------------

Theologians

Monday>

Outtasite (Outta Mind)>

Hoodoo Voodoo (w/ bass/guitar/keyboard tech Josh on cowbell)

California Stars (w/Punch Brothers on mandolin, fiddle, acoustic guitar, banjo and upright bass and taking all solos)

Oh, I bet that was blissful. There was a time when I wasn't that excited about hearing that song at shows -- seemed like it was always played -- but then something clicked and now it's one of my faves to hear live. Can only imagine how lovely it must have been to hear it under that big starry Colorado sky!

Punch Brothers were enjoyable, I liked that they sounded like the Sonic youth of Bluegrass at times. The mandolin player looked just like Jude Law to me.

Felt like a "new album plus greatest hits" show to me and I certainly have no complaints. I loved them opening mellow with "One Sunday morning", first time I have seen any of the new album live and that sounded amazing. Remember the mountain bed in the encore was also beautiful.

Hoping they go deeper in the mix tonight. Heading to the website now to request "Company in my back".

Hilarious banter when Tweedy was saying how they should've opened with I Must Be High due to the aromatics when they first took the stage. He also joked about it being easier to find weed in Boulder than Advil!

Friday's show was my first at Red Rocks, so that makes it memorable all by itself. Plus there was the "reappearance" of the Rainbow SG and "I'm Always In Love"--weeee! There was a LOT of dope being smoked Friday night which probably contributed to the especially mellow audience. The overall vibe was a little flat, but the breezes felt fantastic and made for an extraordinary light and shadow show against the rocks behind the stage. Plus I was surrounded by friends, a lot of really friendly people, and the sounds of my favorite band. Friday night's show was NOT a shithead.