Originally, the game was suppose to be at 6:05pm (Central) , but it got pushed up, due to the imposed curfew.

(The TV listing was probably posted prior to the current issues popping up)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most interesting thing for me to watch will be the O's taking the field for the 1st time in the game ---  Not sure if the O's have a Sammy Sosa-type player who runs out out to right field and does a whole routine -- wonder what Sammy would have done with an empty right field.

(just turned it on the radio and Sox are already loosing 7-0 in the 3rd - crap)

Hawk Harrelson is a horrible announcer. Time for him to retire.

I saw that the game is at one, but the TV listing also indicated it was in the evening as well. Not sure what the real time is. It could be a double header?

LouieB

Hawk Harrelson wore a golfers glove to a game in late 60s and thus the origin of the batting glove.

Or so I read a fess years back ...

I am surprised by the Yankees' strong start. I expected them to be middling, but the top of their lineup is hitting, and their bullpen has been lights out. If their starters hold up, they could be for real. The one consolation is that they continue to be unlikeable, because any team with ARod is unlikeable.

We watched the documentary on Dock Ellis today on Netflix, No No. Excellent and insightful. Pretty wild guy and amazing story, not just for the LSD-pitched No-No, too. Highly recommended. I actually choked up a few times towards the end....

I watched that yesterday. I'm pretty sure I thought it was a white guy who pitched the no-hitter on acid. What a tremendous story and life that guy led.

Also, the Twins spanked the shit out of the White Sox this weekend and are above .500!

We watched the documentary on Dock Ellis today on Netflix, No No. Excellent and insightful. Pretty wild guy and amazing story, not just for the LSD-pitched No-No, too. Highly recommended. I actually choked up a few times towards the end....

Been watching this over the last couple of nights - wild stuff. Got about 25 minutes or so left, to watch.

My baseball watching memories only go back to about 79 or so -- so I think baseball has changed a bit by then --- though I remember hearing about all the cocaine use of the early 80s.

• 5 weeks later...

It's time for me to make a sports apology...a mea culpa, if you will.

At the end of April, I was convinced the Rangers were snakebit and were on their way to another disastrous year of crappy baseball. They have a pretty good starting rotation...ON THE DISABLED LIST: Darvish, Harrison, Holland, Perez and Tepesch. A team could contend with that rotation.
What a difference a month makes. Where Choo wasn't hitting his weight and Fielder was a .350 singles hitter, they are now what we expected: an On Base machine and a Masher. Moreland is hitting like it was expected the Minor league player of the year in 2010. Plus, we are seeing the beginning of the legend of Joey Gallo (yeah, he strikes out a bunch, but when Adrian is done...we have a good answer for the cleanup spot AND third base). Odor struggles in his second big league year? No problem, The Rangers bring up the minor league defensive player of the year who is proceeding to hit .330 and win a permanent stay (that would be one Hanser Alberto).
After watching Nicke Martinez show that he learned how to pitch after a rough last year, and wathcing rookie Chi Chi Gonzalez throw a complete game shutout in his second start and start his career with 15 straing scorelss innings, and watching a retread Wandy Rodriguez throw a gem today I am convinced that the best may YET be to come.

In the next month, they will get Holland back; Perez and Harrison should be ready around the All-Star break. The Rangers may be approaching the ultimate Nirvana for a Baseball team: TOO MANY QUALITY STARTING PITCHERS.
Looks like instead of an uninspiring Summer, it may be really fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They sure know how to play baseball in the state of Missouri! Royals and Cardinals are tearing it up. Maybe another I-70 World Series this year? I certainly don't wish injury on any player, but after Alex Gordon went down, I was hopeful the Twins could close the gap between them and the Royals. Nope! They just keep winning.