• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is the 30th Anniversary of Keith and Donna's last show the band.

check that - 38th - all this Caillou talk threw me off.

Oddly enough, the last "Heart of Me" performed by the Grateful Dead on that same date.

ed. Of note, Keith was just barely 32 yrs old when he died in the car wreck. 

The longest GD thread on a non-GD fan site?

We have had a total of 8,930 posts in our GD threads - so far. 

Very impressive for a Wilco fan site.  I doubt we beat out the Hoffman Music Forums when you put together all the individual GD related topics over the years, but still its a great topic to have going strong on VC. 

Everyone who posts here also happens to be extraordinarily handsome and rich too. That helps with the civilized discourse.

We have had a total of 8,930 posts in our GD threads - so far. 

Impressive. God, I wonder how many are mine  :lol

I played the first CD from 4/2/73 fir my wife last night. I knew it would be in her wheelhouse - tight, focused playing, song-based, no freakout feedback scenarios, etc. She loved it. The thing that jumped right out at me was Weir - man that dude was at a real peak in this set, just incredible. Definite MVP status.

I'm listening to gdradio during lunch break and they're streaming a show I was at in '87 at Giants Stadium w/ Dylan. Pretty much as I remember these Dylan/Dead shows: the GD part typically solid and the Dylan/Dead part pretty awkward.

Despite the GD part of the show (nice 1st set Bertha closer, Dew  2nd set opener!) the Dylan "sets" really didn't work too well, imo. It's almost comical seeing/hearing the GD trying to guess how Dylan will decide to deliver his lyrics at any given moment (see: "Queen Jane"). 

I remember these shows that summer as Dylan basically just barking out the lyrics with the same type of delivery regardless of what song they were playing. Not a highlight for me in GD history. Looked fun on paper, though.

ed. Though, I DID love Garcia's backing vocals on "Joey"!

ed. 2: Oh, and the "Take a Step Back" alone is worth a listen. No shit. Healy having fun with effects:
https://archive.org/details/gd87-07-12.sbd.agan.3860.sbefail.shnf/gd87-07-12d1t106.shn

The new May '77 box sold out. Seems quick, but I don't know how that compares to previous sets.

Music only editions - unnumbered, no book - are available for the same price. Seems strange, but I guess it's worth what people are willing to pay for it.

The new May '77 box sold out. Seems quick, but I don't know how that compares to previous sets.

The July '78 box is still available.

I think the only thing that is sold out (of the new '77 box) is the limited edition that includes the book. They're continuing to sell the "music only" via CDs, and it will also be available via download later this year.

Not sure why they don't allow for all their previous releases to be available for download.

Would like to get my hands on the '69 box and June '77 box, but eBay entrepreneurs are asking way too much. I'm a listener, not a collector.