• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wilco.    Noteworthy as this is my 100th Wilco show. 

Despite all the controversy with the Springsteen tickets I managed to score decent seats on the verified fan sale in about 10 minutes yesterday. I got ADA seats 4 rows back behind the stage. Those sea

Peter Gabriel 

Posted Images

Parquet courts are so good!

Seeing Squeeze and They Might Be Giants tonight!

When I saw Squeeze last Monday, they had no opener. They were excellent, but didn’t put on a longer show than normal because of the no opener. Roughly 1 hour & 45 minutes. They’ve had some decent openers on this tour: KT Tunstall, X, The Mavericks and Marshall Crenshaw.

Damn! Just looking at the setlist now. You got Another Nail In My Heart. Well, it does look like their set is a tad bit shorter now by like 2 songs being cut. They’ve also tinkered with the order a bit. Sounds like a cool venue that you went to.

When I saw Squeeze last Monday, they had no opener. They were excellent, but didn’t put on a longer show than normal because of the no opener. Roughly 1 hour & 45 minutes. They’ve had some decent openers on this tour: KT Tunstall, X, The Mavericks and Marshall Crenshaw.

Damn! Just looking at the setlist now. You got Another Nail In My Heart. Well, it does look like their set is a tad bit shorter now by like 2 songs being cut. They’ve also tinkered with the order a bit. Sounds like a cool venue that you went to.

Venue was great views of the east river, Brooklyn Bridge, WTC and perfect weather last night! Was only the second time I saw Squeeze and last time was 2007 but they sounded great! They played everything I wanted to hear. Also big fan of TMBG seen them tons so an added bonus!

Here is my video too;

Not for nothing

Super groovy on the WXPN Woodstock couch tour last weekend in real time.

And a shout out to LOCKN broadcast this weekend couch tour. delish.

damn i forgot about this. TD isn't in the lineup is she?

Sorry - been on vacation and off of VC.  No Tanya - just Kristin, Bernie, and Dave.  Dave's drumming still blows me away.  It was at City Winery (I think at the same table where I sat with you for Robyn Hitchcock) so I had a great view of the drums.  

Sun Kil Moon

Update: Mark was on stage for two and a half hour. He told a lot of stories set to piano music. He sang.... maybe four songs.

Mitski/Lucy Ducas

That's a pretty good double bill! Enjoy!

Sun Kil Moon

Nice.  I'm late to their party.  Just discovered them only about two months ago and have been listening to "Ghosts of the Great Highway" and "April" non-stop since then.  How was the show?  Full band?

Nice.  I'm late to their party.  Just discovered them only about two months ago and have been listening to "Ghosts of the Great Highway" and "April" non-stop since then.  How was the show?  Full band?

I'm by no means a huge SKM fan, but you should check out Benji as well. Last night he was just "singing" and had a guy on piano. He talked about how he just doesn't want to play his old material but seemed very self aware that his new stuff isn't for everyone. This was in Winnipeg which doesn't get a lot of concerts so you would have thought it would be fairly well attended but there was probably only 100-200 people there. So I suspect, at some point in the future, whether consciously or not, he'll feel the need to do more appealing music. 

Oil Can Boyd - yeah, in prep for this show I tried to dive into his new stuff but it was pretty hard to listen to. Hearing it live was much more enjoyable since he's in the room, it's intimate, and you're just concentrating on his lyrics. For what it was, it was fun but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to hear at least a few of his classics. He played Caroline last night which was easily the highlight, IMO.

Also, Mitski’s last show before her haitus!

I hope she comes back soon! Though, with some of the stuff she's been dealing with, I'd understand if she didn't.

I hope she comes back soon! Though, with some of the stuff she's been dealing with, I'd understand if she didn't.

i missed the reason she's taking a break (thought it was just to catch on living a normal life, though as a musician these days i'm not sure how you do that and still pay the bills).

i missed the reason she's taking a break (thought it was just to catch on living a normal life, though as a musician these days i'm not sure how you do that and still pay the bills).

Yeah that was the reason. However, after she announced the hiatus someone anonymously online accused her and her family of being sex traffickers. It got to the point where she had to publicly comment. Obviously not true but if she was already feeling stressed/drained/whatever I can imagine that made things much worse.