Photo

Wilco — 19 December 2019, Chicago, IL (Chicago Theatre) [Winterlude Night 4 of 4]

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Kate02181

Kate02181

A Cherry Ghost

• 29 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 07:32 AM

For anyone who cares, which I imagine is down to about 10 people or so (especially during this holiday week), I finally got around to finishing my recap of the final night of Winterlude 2019. Anyway, it's now posted above. Happy holidays to y'all. :santa :santa :santa

I, for one, care deeply. :-) Thanks for all the great recaps and happy holidays to you as well!

#22 Madcap

Madcap

Grasshopper Greensnake

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:51 AM

Still upset they didn’t give us one version of An Empty Corner (never thought I’d say that about a new song)!

#23 King oscar

King oscar

A Cherry Ghost

• 9 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 11:08 AM

I care and am grateful for the reports.  Thank you.  Happy Happy.  

#24 Chez

Chez

Hummingbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 02:43 PM

I care and am grateful for the reports.  Thank you.  Happy Happy.  

+1.  Love the recaps.

#25 Col. Hapablap

Col. Hapablap

I Miss the Innocence

• PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 08:15 AM

Roadcase number 86 is up at Wilco world that's this show. I'm surprised that none of the other winterlude shows have been put up along with it.

#26 Ricksmith

Ricksmith

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 01:16 PM

For anyone who cares, which I imagine is down to about 10 people or so (especially during this holiday week), I finally got around to finishing my recap of the final night of Winterlude 2019. Anyway, it's now posted above. Happy holidays to y'all. :santa :santa :santa

I and nine others always look forward to your reports!  It was nice meeting you in Dallas, hope you have great holidays!

#27 pqfuller

pqfuller

A Cherry Ghost

• 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 12:24 PM

Roadcase number 86 is up at Wilco world that's this show. I'm surprised that none of the other winterlude shows have been put up along with it.

I was at this show, and I didn't catch this in person, but on Reservations, does he sing:

"How can I get closer and be further away

From the truth that proves it's beautiful to love"

Instead of "lie"

Am I just mishearing it? Did he just goof up? Was it intentional? If so, how long has he been changing that lyric? I don't think I've ever heard him sing it that way before.

#28 choo-choo-charlie

choo-choo-charlie

More Like the Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 11:12 PM

I was at this show, and I didn't catch this in person, but on Reservations, does he sing:

"How can I get closer and be further away
From the truth that proves it's beautiful to love"

Instead of "lie"

Am I just mishearing it? Did he just goof up? Was it intentional? If so, how long has he been changing that lyric? I don't think I've ever heard him sing it that way before.

Interesting! The lyric on record is definitely “lie.” One or his many classic lines about the challenges of real, honest human communication.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users