Wilco — 19 December 2019, Chicago, IL (Chicago Theatre) [Winterlude Night 4 of 4]

For anyone who cares, which I imagine is down to about 10 people or so (especially during this holiday week), I finally got around to finishing my recap of the final night of Winterlude 2019. Anyway, it's now posted above. Happy holidays to y'all. :santa :santa :santa

I and nine others always look forward to your reports!  It was nice meeting you in Dallas, hope you have great holidays!

Roadcase number 86 is up at Wilco world that's this show. I'm surprised that none of the other winterlude shows have been put up along with it.

I was at this show, and I didn't catch this in person, but on Reservations, does he sing:

"How can I get closer and be further away

From the truth that proves it's beautiful to love"

Instead of "lie"

Am I just mishearing it? Did he just goof up? Was it intentional? If so, how long has he been changing that lyric? I don't think I've ever heard him sing it that way before.

I was at this show, and I didn't catch this in person, but on Reservations, does he sing:

"How can I get closer and be further away

From the truth that proves it's beautiful to love"

Instead of "lie"

Am I just mishearing it? Did he just goof up? Was it intentional? If so, how long has he been changing that lyric? I don't think I've ever heard him sing it that way before.

Interesting! The lyric on record is definitely “lie.” One or his many classic lines about the challenges of real, honest human communication.