my take on Sky Blue Sky

Great work, Tim! All those photos couldn’t have been easy to edit and turn around that fast, not to mention writing the words. I think you did a really nice job of giving a sense of the entire event that I couldn’t hope to do in my little Wilco recaps. Kudos!

Great pictures Tim!

What did the rest of Jeff's shirt say?

Thanks TCP! It's a Chunket shirt (same guy who did the We're All In This Together shirts) that says Vinyl is killing the MP3 industry. i have one of those stickers on the hood of one of my lenses, though now it's mostly obscured by a weedian sticker i got last week.

Fantastic photos, thanks so much for posting!

Wish I could have been there - 3 of my favorite bands!

thanks Brownie, i think i can safely speak for everyone that it was a really great experience.

Great work, Tim! All those photos couldn’t have been easy to edit and turn around that fast, not to mention writing the words. I think you did a really nice job of giving a sense of the entire event that I couldn’t hope to do in my little Wilco recaps. Kudos!

thanks Paul! and i really do appreciate your recaps, which are full of detail (i will admit to cribbing some notes from yours, ta!). there were a lot of photos but i went through a lot of the selection process on the flight home (only to have lightroom not play well when i tried to merge catalogs to my desktop). great seeing you and hope to do so again in the future. 

Not saying anything you don’t know, but Jesus H. Christ, you have a hell of an eye. Your concert photos catch the essence of a show. I always enjoy them. Combine them with your writing, and I regret missing a show you reviewed even more than I did prior to your review. Thank you not just for this review, but all that I’ve read and seen.

Not saying anything you don’t know, but Jesus H. Christ, you have a hell of an eye. Your concert photos catch the essence of a show. I always enjoy them. Combine them with your writing, and I regret missing a show you reviewed even more than I did prior to your review. Thank you not just for this review, but all that I’ve read and seen.

(oops, forgot to add my reply)... Thanks!

Stunning photos and a great write up.  A lot of your impressions were similar to mine, except I really enjoyed the Dr. Dog set! It had been about 10 years since I'd seen them and they still put on a super show.  Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. 

Stunning photos and a great write up.  A lot of your impressions were similar to mine, except I really enjoyed the Dr. Dog set! It had been about 10 years since I'd seen them and they still put on a super show.  Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. 

tbh they ended up being better than i expected; i recall listening to one of their early records a fair bit back in the day and caught a couple of songs at Newport Folk a few years ago, but they were at (at least imo) a distinct disadvantage for having to follow Kamasi's set, which was stunning. I did end up seeing most of the Dr Dog set.

Like these photos so much more than when I saw them on my phone. Good stuff, as usual.

Thanks! that is one of the conundrums about photos... the camera's resolutions are getting so much larger but the vast majority of the images are viewed via a phone screen... when i am editing them on my 4K 27" monitor, it's a very different experience than looking at them via my iphone (and sometimes glaring focus or noise issues magically disappear when viewing via the phone!).

Great photos!

On a somewhat related note, I noticed somewhere else on the web that this same resort is hosting a Widespread Panic festival right now  That seems like a pretty good way of doing things.  Keep the stage and infrastructure set up and have one event after another all season long.   Was there an event the week before Sky Blue Sky?   

Thank you so much for the excellent review and phenomenal shots, Tim. After a long Monday (not to mention last Thu/Fri) back in the trenches, your review really makes my day. And the additional photos at the end of the article are not to be missed. Most excellent!

Tremendous shots, Tim.  I was camped out on the rail in front of Nels for all three shows. You must have been right in front of me for several of your photos.  Cloud 9 did a great job.  I wish they would have had Yo La Tengo headline Night 3 instead of Dr. Dog.

Excellent. Really jealous. In case it happens again, remind me how much it cost.

without airfare, it was roughly 2K, maybe a tad over...

it's certainly not cheap. 

and thanks all for the kind words about my work. I def put a lot of effort into it for very little monetary return (but that's not why i do it) and it's nice to hear such lovely feedback.

Excellent. Really jealous. In case it happens again, remind me how much it cost.

I've been wondering how much I spent (I am terrible remembering numbers and at the time the cost didn't matter). I looked back at my account, and with one extra day added I spent $4700 for my son and me to stay in a king size suite with a rooftop deck in bldg. 3, without air. The prices vary depending on room class, I could have spent less or more if I chose. All in all I feel it was great value. Everything was included and there was no shortage of food, drink or music day and night. When I figured out the a la carte pricing for 4 days of concert tickets for two, eating and drinking for two for 5 days and lodging for two for 5 days it was a reasonably priced vacation trip. I recognize that's a lot of $$ and that I'm fortunate to have been able to swing it, but I needed it! And it was worth every penny to me.