5 replies to this topic

#1 calvino

calvino

On & On & On

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:45 AM

Go White Sox!

It has been a great off-season for the White Sox. Expecting them to make the playoffs this year.  I already have tickets in hand for three games; it has been a long while since I bought tickets before a season has even started.

Should be interesting to see how the Astros are received through out the year. 

I'll leave it to others for predictions. 

#2 chisoxjtrain

chisoxjtrain

Red Eyed & Blue

• PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:59 AM

Go White Sox!

It has been a great off-season for the White Sox. Expecting them to make the playoffs this year.  I already have tickets in hand for three games; it has been a long while since I bought tickets before a season has even started.

Should be interesting to see how the Astros are received through out the year. 

I'll leave it to others for predictions. 

I haven't been this excited about a White Sox team in years! I'm hoping for 80-85 wins as the floor, just missing the playoffs. If they make the playoffs, that'll just be icing on the cake.

Over/under on Astros players being beaned?

#3 calvino

calvino

On & On & On

• 5,737 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 04:34 PM

Over/under on Astros players being beaned?

I am guessing at least once per series, at least towards the beginning of the year.

#4 calvino

calvino

On & On & On

• 5,737 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:10 AM

To  make things even worse for this baseball season, White Sox radio announcer Ed Farmer dies. Always enjoyed listening to him. Also, he was always great as a guest on the Steve Dahl show. Great guy who battled many health aliments over the years, but he always bounced back. I did catch a few spring season games via the radio this year, but the games I caught he was not in the booth - bummed that I didn't hear him call a game this year.

#5 chisoxjtrain

chisoxjtrain

Red Eyed & Blue

• PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:25 PM

To  make things even worse for this baseball season, White Sox radio announcer Ed Farmer dies. Always enjoyed listening to him. Also, he was always great as a guest on the Steve Dahl show. Great guy who battled many health aliments over the years, but he always bounced back. I did catch a few spring season games via the radio this year, but the games I caught he was not in the booth - bummed that I didn't hear him call a game this year.

I wasn't the biggest fan of his play-by-play, but he was amazing as an analyst to John Rooney. Extremely nice guy when I met him a few years ago at an event at the school I was working at at the time.

#6 Boss_Tweedy

Boss_Tweedy

Dawned On Me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:34 PM

I miss baseball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users