a new name for Area 51?

• 4 weeks later...

MJHutch has my vote too. All I can possibly suggest is an elipses so it reads "Um..." but that's about it. Gold, Jerry, GOLD!

• 3 weeks later...

I (um) am torn. On the one hand (um) I was honored that my stupid little suggestion was (um) adopted by the powers that are. On the other hand (um) I am sorry to see it (um) go the way of the dodo so soon. Ya know.

Boooooooooooooo!

lol, but seriously, isn't there a different better name if we can't keep "uhm"?

I missed something... did The Man veto "Uhm..."? (And if Kyle's not The Man, then who?)

• 2 weeks later...

I think this controversy demonstrates the need for a democracy in VC-land. We've helped pay for it, now it's time to own it. I propose a committee of 7 representatives. Each clique/party can nominated 4 candidates for the post. Independents are also acceptable. Elections will be held twice yearly and the positions will be filled by the top 7 vote getters in a poll. Additional polls may be necessary to allow for a glut of candidates. The committee chairman will be the top vote getter. If any committee member can not fulfill their duties then the rest of the committee can call for a special election. Responsibilites of the committee will include publicity, taxation, and the administration of member titles. Once again, there's no time like the present for democracy in VC-land.

:heehee