e --2--------2-----------3-------2---0---0---

B --3--------3-----------3-------3---0---3---

G --0--------0-----------2-------4---0---0---

D --0--------2-----------0-------4---2---2---

A --2--------0-----------x-------2---2---2---

E --x--------x-----------3-------x---0---0---

NOTE:

The chords I have for the intro and other similar parts

throughout the song are my best guess. Corrections are welcome.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Apparently not!!! (Unless this was posted in another topic?? It won't let me search for just "Gun"!)

I dont understand the issue - the chords are all defined in the first post.

I do one of these super-basic hammer on things over the G chord as well, but mostly it's just strumming

D------0

A-0h2--

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for the delay... just saw the post again.

this is what i do. it might be the same as jeff but it sounds ok.

first, COPY AND PASTE THIS INTO WORD AND CHANGE IT COURIER 12 POINT sixe to see it aligned properly.....

the chord shapes over the lyric are here... then basically strum to the beat until the next chord. the chorus is as everyone else has mentioned.... just repeat the pattern for other verses

lemme know if it makes sense :unsure

E----2--2---0---2---3--2-----2--------3---------

B----3--3---3---3---3--3-----3--------3---------

G----2--2---2---2---0--0-----0--------0---------

D----0--0---0---0---0--0-----2--------0---------

A----0--0---0---0---2--2-----0--------2---------

E-------------------------------------3---------

Fallin out the window

E----2---------0--2-3-------2--------2----3----

B----3---------3--3-3-------3--------3----3----

G----2---------2--2-0-------0--------0----0----

D----0---------0--0-0-------0--------2----0----

A----0---------0--0-2-------2--------0----2----

E-----------------------------------------3----

Tripping on a wrinkle in the rug

• 2 years later...
I figured it out at one point, but I don't remember it off the top of my head. I'll take another listen and tab it out in the next few days if someone doesn't beat me to it.

That'd be great. Thanks in advance for the effort.

• 2 weeks later...
I figured it out at one point, but I don't remember it off the top of my head. I'll take another listen and tab it out in the next few days if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Hey Gin,

Any luck on that one? Not to be a pest. This one is bugging me.

Thanks!

Hey Gin,

Any luck on that one? Not to be a pest. This one is bugging me.

Thanks!

Sorry I've been slow on it; I think I got it 95% figured out, but writing it out have been really difficult: there are strings that are bent while other string are ghost bent, and everything is not quite in time. I might have to do some editing and leave out random open string ringing and such so I can have something that people can understand when it's written in text.

Also, I've been lazy.

Also, feel free to pester me to your heart's content; it's the only thing that motivates me.

GIN!!! GIN!!! GIN!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!

:coffee

Okay, I swear to you that I will complete it tonight and post it probably tomorrow morning. There's nothing good on TV (though I will take a break for Hell's Kitchen, desptie its relative not-good-ness), so I should be able to knock this out.

Okay, I swear to you that I will complete it tonight and post it probably tomorrow morning. There's nothing good on TV (though I will take a break for Hell's Kitchen, desptie its relative not-good-ness), so I should be able to knock this out.

Okay, not quite morning, but it's here anyway. I had to do an image because it just wouldn't make sense as text, though I might tke a stab at that a little later:

Gun.jpg

So, I don't have a guitar or the song in front of me; I just have my notes to go on and I tend to remember things a little different than what my notes say, so I might go correcting later, but this should give you the gist.

A couple of notes:

(1) In bar 3, you should bend both the first and second string at the same time, but only play the first and then pluck and release the second string if that makes any sense.

(2) I'm not quite confident that I wrote the rhythm correctly (especially in measures 3, 4, and 6), but I just wanted to have something done. Some of the notes happen pretty quick (and randomly), but you can take a listen for the rhythm.

(3) Also the chords seem different to me than what we have tabbed before. I didn't really notice until I tabbed it out (I just assumed what teh chords were) so, again, I don't have the song or the guitar with me so I might look into that later.

Well, try it on and see how it fits.

Okay, not quite morning, but it's here anyway. I had to do an image because it just wouldn't make sense as text, though I might tke a stab at that a little later:

Gun.jpg

So, I don't have a guitar or the song in front of me; I just have my notes to go on and I tend to remember things a little different than what my notes say, so I might go correcting later, but this should give you the gist.

A couple of notes:

(1) In bar 3, you should bend both the first and second string at the same time, but only play the first and then pluck and release the second string if that makes any sense.

(2) I'm not quite confident that I wrote the rhythm correctly (especially in measures 3, 4, and 6), but I just wanted to have something done. Some of the notes happen pretty quick (and randomly), but you can take a listen for the rhythm.

(3) Also the chords seem different to me than what we have tabbed before. I didn't really notice until I tabbed it out (I just assumed what teh chords were) so, again, I don't have the song or the guitar with me so I might look into that later.

Well, try it on and see how it fits.

Dude... fantastic! I'll try it on for size tonight, hopefully, if I can escape the Easter family invasion for a bit. Thanks again. I'll keep you posted. :cheers :worship :cheers

• 9 months later...

I'll be trying this out as well, thanks a bunch. What program did you use for this?

No problem. :cheers

I think I used PowerTab; it's not my favorite (well, I haven't used anything else so it might be my favorite by default), which is to say it's not quite as user friendly or intuitive as I would like and I'm not sure why the notes in standard notation are shown as they are played and not as they sound (so when you bend and F# to a G, it's shown as an F#, which is really weird to me for some reason, but that might just be how this stuff is done). PowerTab does have the overriding virtue of being free, however.

Yeah, let me know how this tab works out for you. Suggestions, comments, whatever.