Good stuff, the only thing that jumps out is it seems to me like at the 3rd bar it just continues to slide up to the 7th fret on the B string and bend there. It sounds good against the open E string. Then it slides back down using the same drone on the E string. Maybe I'm just taking the easy way out though! Makes the bend easier on the B string!

Good stuff, the only thing that jumps out is it seems to me like at the 3rd bar it just continues to slide up to the 7th fret on the B string and bend there. It sounds good against the open E string. Then it slides back down using the same drone on the E string. Maybe I'm just taking the easy way out though! Makes the bend easier on the B string!

Hee hee. Yeah, I remember playing around with that before settling on the version that I tabbed for reasons that escape me now (it has been a year). It certainly seems really Jay-like to climb up a single string, but perhaps I thought it would be easy to hook the C# under the fretting fingers at the second position.* Or perhaps I was seduced by the sixteenth-note triplet in bar 4 that seems to pull off onto the open E which is slightly more accessible if you're already down there. I think if I had heard the E-string drone, I would have put it on the 7th fret B-string, though.

Still, I don't know; I've been seriously mistaken in the past so there's no particular reason to think that I nailed it here.

So, as in most things, I defer to whatever works best for you. :cheers

* Still, I think it's important to note that there's no particular reason either to think that the guitar solo is a single take and not cobbled together from multiple takes or consisting of multiple overlaid guitars. So dramatic position jumps or notes sounding that might make for weird fingerings might just be two takes or two guitars. In particular:

(1) I remember wondering if the C# might actually be a second guitar. This would make it less weird to have the lick at the 7th fret.

(2) I REALLY wonder if the final bend in bar 12 might be another guitar since I remember thinking that the low G bleeds over it, which you can do if you're into pedal steel bends but it's kind of an out-there technique (that I cannot pull off well -- fret the G with your 3rd finger and PULL the G string TOWARD the high E-string with your 1st and 2nd fingers).

Which is to say, there's no reason to think that the solo can be performed perfectly by a single guitar because it might not have ever been. I might have made a serviceable compromise, but there are other, no doubt better, ones.