• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Here is a modest attempt at the lead while in the G slack tuning.....

G |--7----7--\3h4--3h4--------------------------------------------------------|

D |-----------------------------5----(3)---3h5---5--(3)------------------------|

G |-------------------------------------------------------------3h4--3h4--------|

D |------------------------------------------------------------------------------5--|

Sounds pretty good to me for now, but I would love for someone to elaborate because I know it could use it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
would it be considered copyright infringement if i posted some scanned pages of the wilco being there tab book?

well, it's out of print, but I dont know about the copyright status. Would just a few pages be considered "fair use"? I'm not sure.

of course you could theoretically scan the book, upload it to yousendit.com as a zip file, and send a personal message to people who would like to get the files. :ninja

well, it's out of print, but I dont know about the copyright status. Would just a few pages be considered "fair use"? I'm not sure.

of course you could theoretically scan the book, upload it to yousendit.com as a zip file, and send a personal message to people who would like to get the files. :ninja

like me :cheers

Me too. I would even consider a "B&P" for copies. Plus I would make a monetary donation to the charity of your choice.

hah yeah i guess it is MY book and i can share it with my friends and well a friend of wilco is a friend of mine ;)

i'll probably scan the copyright information too just in case the feds try to take me away but, i'll get to scanning and all that stuff probably tonight

hah yeah i guess it is MY book and i can share it with my friends and well a friend of wilco is a friend of mine ;)

i'll probably scan the copyright information too just in case the feds try to take me away but, i'll get to scanning and all that stuff probably tonight

I will be eternally greatful. This is like the Holy Grail of Wilco tabs.

:cheers

:rock

:worship

:yes

would it be considered copyright infringement if i posted some scanned pages of the wilco being there tab book?

the being there tab book (which i have) doesn't cover the lead lines as they do it live now.

i've figured it all out, so i'll post it later.

the being there tab book (which i have) doesn't cover the lead lines as they do it live now.

i've figured it all out, so i'll post it later.

If i was ever to get a copy of the tab book, i would crap my pants/

im sure Jeff would prefer i get a copy from a 'friend' then pay a hundred bucks on ebay...

hah

and to think.. i got my book from my local music store for 25 bucks like a few months ago ..

but damn it there's alot of pages in this book so it might take a little while

I have been looking for that book for years. Even when i'm in the States, I can't seem to find it.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, I have, give me a week at most to put this up, college wants to bite me in the ass real bad right now, but when I get the time (probably Fri? Sat? Sun?) I will get this up and running. I can't guarantee the perpetual accuracy without a guitar in my dorm, but I will perhaps try to borrow someone else's.

It is slack G, and the verses are just G to C and etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here we go.

Kingpin Tab
Eric Tseng

Slack G - DGDGBD

Much of this song revolves around a G-C-G  kind of "swing":

-0---0
-0-1-0
-0-0-0
-0-2-0
-0-0-0
-0---0

While Tweedy sings you just play G, the G-C-G occurs right after.  Every other verse, however, you hear a fill which happens like this:

--------------
-0h2h3-2-0----
----------0-2-
--------------
--------------

which then goes into the G-C-G deal.

After the 1st verse you get this riff:

-----------------------
-----------------------
-7-7-6-6h7p6-4-4-4-3-3s0
-----------------------
-----------------------
-----------------------
Repeat it twice then:

------ -- -
------ -- -
------ -- -
-3-3s10-8 -
-5-5s12-10-
-3-3s10-8 -

Second riff, then:

-- -- -------
-- -- -------
-12-12-3-3s0-
-- -- -------
-- -- -------
-- -- -------
Repeat x4 then:

------ -- -
------ -- -
------ -- -
-3-3s10-8 -
-5-5s12-10-
-3-3s10-8 -

The solo has this base that occurs at the beginning of it (it is repeated once, aka played twice):

-- -- ------------------------------
-12-12-12h15p12p15p12-19-17-15-19b15

The second time you play it you want to just keep the 12h15p12 thing for the duration of the "measure"

Solo Pt.2 (1st time)
----------------------------------
----------12----------------------
-12h13p12---------7--77-77-77-77--
-------------8h9p8---88-88-88-88--

Then the downward-racing riff:

-- ------------------
-- ------------------
-10-9-7-9-7-5-3h5p3-0
-- ------------------
-- ------------------
-- ------------------
Repeat it x4.

Repeat Solo pt.1.

Solo pt. 2 varies, sometimes Tweedy just even leaves it blank, or tries to keep hammering/pulling, though nothing ever really speaks...

That should be it.

I would have put structure but I'm a little busy. I can probably add it later now that I've tabbed the stuff out.