HANDSHAKE DRUGS (Bassline TAB)

This one's by request. I just picked up the bass to learn this one (I even had to tune it because its been sitting around unplayed for a few months). I always liked the bassline on this one. When the bass kicks in at the start of the song, it really makes its presence felt. It's a nice melodic--Paul McCartneyesque--bassline that helps propel the song.

I'm not going to TAB out the whole song, but hopefully this will be enough to get you started

HANDSHAKE DRUGS

Guitar intro: D (xx0232) G (320033) F (133211)

G-------------|-------------------------|----------------------------|---------|----------|

D-------------|-4--2--0--2--0--------|----4--2--0--2--0--------|---------|----------|

A-------------|------------------2--5--|-5-------------------2--0-|---------|-3--------|

E-------------|-------------------------|----------------------------|-3-------|----------|

G-----------------------------|-------------------------|------------------------|------------------------|

D----------7--7--------------|-----7--7---------------|------------------------|---3-------2--3--2---|

A----5--5-------5--5--------|--5-------5--5--2--0--|-------------5--7--5--|------------------------|

E----------------------7--5--|-------------------------|--3--5--7-------------|------------------------|

G-----------------------------|-------------------------|------------------------|-----------------------|

D----------7--7--------------|-----7--7---------------|------------------------|----------5--7--5----|

A-------5-------5--5--------|--5-------5--5--2--0--|-------------5--7--5--|--3--5--7-------------|

E----------------------7--5--|-------------------------|--3--5--7-------------|-----------------------|

Here's an alternate way to play this one. I think John uses a fair bit of open strings on this one, from what I can recall when watching him play this live.

G----------2--2---------------|------2--2--------------|------------------------|------------0--2--0--

D-------0-------0--0---------|--0---------0--0--------|-------------0--2--0--|-----0--2------------

A----------------------2--0---|------------------2--0--|------0--2-------------|--3-------------------

E------------------------------|-------------------------|--3---------------------|-----------------------

Let me know of any corrections to this.

thanks,

Richard

Edited by GtrPlyr