kidsmoke

[Wilco Vol. 2] It's still on!

To anyone involved with the Wilco Tribute Volume 2, or the upcoming Tweedy tribute, please know that despite our little board-crash bump-in-the-road, the Tributes are still very much ON. B)

We'll have news on them soon.

can't wait to hear it. Maybe it'll be a good treat to hold us over before the Wilco album is out now near the end of June? (wink wink, nudge nudge...)

(or is that too fast? No rush - I'm abiding by the "all good things come to those who wait" slogan here. because if it's anything near par of the LAST tribute, it indeed will be GOOD :music )

I'm new to this whole thing, but I've been a musician for a long time and I'd love to contribute to a tribute album...I don't know if you're taking anything now, but just like to say that I'm eager to do it

Natalie, and catfish, I believe Volume 2 is full up, but have no fear....you may contribute to either the next Wilco tribute (Volume 3) or the Tweedy Tribute. I'll have to get some guidelines re-posted.....be patient.

Hey Kidsmoke, what is the current status of the release of Vol. 2?

It's coming :yes ....artwork is being done....I'll light a fire under myself and the others....

Be patient, our lives have been busy. :blush I'll try to help pick up the pace! There isn't really all that much left to be done. We just have had a lot else happening. Those of you who contributed tracks, have faith, it really is coming.

Sorry I've been so remiss in my responsibilities (I've never been busier than I am right now)... but the tracks are all consistent level-wise now, and we have ourselves a disc. I just need to get raw copies over to my fellow admins. They'll ship early next week. We're close.

You might have to wrassle ol' Shiney for that song......but then, he's in love right now, so his head is probably elsewhere........or we might do some rule-bending and allow 2 versions......

I seem really indecisive today. Hmmm. :P Anyway, your request is officially noted and sounds very cool.

What I be able to contribute a version of Love and Mercy the Brian Wilson song, Golden smog would cover and Jeff Tweedy would sing?

Guest Rufer

I'm not trying to be a noodge and am only asking out of curiosity but what's the current status on Vol. 2.

Admins are deciding track order now. Artwork etc. is being completed. Arranging for Wilco shows attendance keeps interrupting kidsmoke's work! :o

Mind you, kidsmoke is not complaining..... :D

It's coming, Rufer, truly it is. Contributors, you make some mesmerizing sounds....kidsmoke is impressed! :)

Oh, and Rufer? Love your tune! All these songs are done to a golden turn....you'll see! This is really a disc to be proud of! Contributors, give yourselves a pat on the back, because yes :yes , I am talking about YOU. :worship

Nettles...just noticed your post a couple back....no, unfortunately - the way the rules read, songs done on the Tribute CD's are supposed to be original Wilco/Tweedy compositions, not covers. So "Love and Mercy" wouldn't qualify. Please, though, choose another song....maybe a Tweedy tune? we need more songs for the Tweedy Tribute, Vol. 1. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me. C'mon, we need your talents! :D

Hi Ana! Great to see you around! Of course you may claim "Less Than You Think" for the next Tribute. After the amazing version you did of "When the Roses Bloom Again" for Vol. 2, how could I even hesitate! I'm sure your LTYT will be equally beautiful. :yes

Dave C., as to the progress of Tribute 2, it looks like it will be ready to give to the band by the time they get home from Europe. Liner notes & liner credits have all been finished, and the disc itself has been assembled into final track order, so distribution trees are imminent. Some tweaking to the final art will need to be done, and then it will be offered here on VC in a downloadable form.

Ana, Dave, and the rest of our contributors, get ready for the gushing compliments and sacks of fan mail that your songs are going to elicit. :D

PS - Since the requests are already rolling in, I've created a thread in this forum listing claims for Wilco Tribute #3.

Hi Ana! Great to see you around! Of course you may claim "Less Than You Think" for the next Tribute. After the amazing version you did of "When the Roses Bloom Again" for Vol. 2, how could I even hesitate! I'm sure your LTYT will be equally beautiful. :yes

Dave C., as to the progress of Tribute 2, it looks like it will be ready to give to the band by the time they get home from Europe. Liner notes & liner credits have all been finished, and the disc itself has been assembled into final track order, so distribution trees are imminent. Some tweaking to the final art will need to be done, and then it will be offered here on VC in a downloadable form.

Ana, Dave, and the rest of our contributors, get ready for the gushing compliments and sacks of fan mail that your songs are going to elicit. :D

PS - Since the requests are already rolling in, I've created a thread in this forum listing claims for Wilco Tribute #3.

I got it, Donna! and I'm glad you liked When the roses.... :unsure: :blush I'll try to do it better for Less than you think.

Ana

PS: Pssss... someone that met you in NY told me that you are such a great person.... :yes

PS: Pssss... someone that met you in NY told me that you are such a great person.... :yes

:flirt

oh, and ... i cannot wait to see and hear this thing  :agg:

Did you get my email about that photo of yours? Cause you know, Adam, that's what's holding the whole thing up..... :rolleyes:

:lol: I keed, I keed......this is what a keedsmoke does! :yes

Thank you for saying nice things about me, dear boy. :cheekkiss