Songs for a beginner

I have just started to learn how to "play" and was wondering if there are any songs that are relatively easy to play? I don't know much about the guitar, but and trying too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest daisyduke
I have just started to learn how to "play" and was wondering if there are any songs that are relatively easy to play?  I don't know much about the guitar, but and trying too.

Any help would be appreciated.

:wave

Misunderstood and Via Chicago are both easy to play.....try starting with those :yes

:wave

Misunderstood and Via Chicago are both easy to play.....try starting with those  :yes

California Stars: Capo on second Fret, G, D, C

Via Chicago: C, G, F.

Poor places: Capo on third Fret, G, D, Em, C, A7, C

Late Greats: D, G, D, G, and so on.

I am trying to break your heart: Capo on second fret: A, Em, D

These are pretty easy. Good Luck

If you are looking into some other bands check out  CCR.  Their songs are mostly 3 to 4 chords.

This has all been very helpful. Thanks to everyone! Now if I could just suck less I would be all set.

The more you play, the less you'll suck. Trust me...I was right where you are about a year ago.

As referred to above, Misunderstood is an easy one...only 2 chords: D-G, D-G, D-G, G-D.

Welcome to the club!

Thanks! It's getting a little easier, but it's still rough. I wish I had more time to practice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EightyFive
California Stars: Capo on second Fret, G, D, C

Via Chicago: C, G, F.

Poor places: Capo on third Fret, G, D, Em, C, A7, C

Late Greats: D, G, D, G, and so on.

I am trying to break your heart: Capo on second fret: A, Em, D

These are pretty easy. Good Luck

This is pretty off topic, but when we talk about a three chord song... in the case of these songs it doesn't seem like they're too boring or repetitive... what's the band doing to keep things sounding fantastic? Also, do they rearrange the order in which they play the chords at any point during the songs??

sorry if I sound like an idiot.

This is pretty off topic, but when we talk about a three chord song... in the case of these songs it doesn't seem like they're too boring or repetitive... what's the band doing to keep things sounding fantastic? Also, do they rearrange the order in which they play the chords at any point during the songs??

For me it's the lyrics that makes the music not repetative. Also, I know with some 3 chord songs (Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something, for example) the band changes the order of the chords from verse to chorus.

It's because those tabs aren't 100% accurate. They show the basic chord progression, but there's usually a lot of stuff that is being played that isn't mentioned in most tabs I've seen. For example, in California Stars, there's tons of hammer-ons/pull-offs, etc. that Jeff does that aren't documented in any tab.