kidsmoke

[Tweedy Vol. 1] Outdated Tweedy Tribute 1 Claims List

Hi all, having lost our Tweedy Tribute Master List in The Great Board Crash of 2004, it is time to try, try again. If you would like to contribute a song which is a Tweedy (not Wilco) song, please post here and let me know, and we'll start pulling this thing back together. Those of you who were already on the Tweedy Tribute list, let me know what song you had claimed.

Thanks, and apologies for the hassle. :rolleyes :

kidsmoke Edit: It's probably a good idea to restate the rules:

TWEEDY TRIBUTE SONGS:

-Must be songs written and sung by Jeff Tweedy. May be from previous bands

(such as Uncle Tupelo), side project bands (such as Golden Smog or Loose Fur), or solo performances. (A song like "Pecan Pie" is a good example of an acceptable submission.)

-Must not be other peoples' songs that Jeff Tweedy has covered.

ADDITIONALLY, the following guidelines apply to submissions for either tribute:

-Songs performed on previous tributes may not be done, except where they are being performed in a style very different from the original submission. Such a song submission should be cleared with the Tribute organizers in advance of submission. (For example, if a song was originally done as a solo performer with an acoustic guitar on one Tribute, and someone else wished to do the same song on a later Tribute, but as a full-electric-band number, thismight be allowed. Ask, if you are uncertain. )

-Only ONE song submission will be allowed per performer, per Tribute. This is to allow as many people as possible to participate.

-Lastly, submissions for a particular volume of the Tribute will be accepted on a

first-come, first-served basis. Once enough song submissions have been received to fill a volume, that volume will be CLOSED and will proceed to the mastering stage.

Submissions received beyond the time of closing a volume will be designated as part of the next volume.

THE CLAIMS LIST FOR THE TWEEDY TRIBUTE:

New Madrid - Brewinhand - Released 4-1-10

Fatal Wound - MeDave - Reclaimed 3-31-10

Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down - Cowboy Angel - Reclaimed 4-2-10

If That's Alright - Smokestack Joe - Released 3-31-10

Radio King - Solace - Released 4-14-10

Monkee Mess - Marijn

No Poetry - Only You & the Can Prevent Forest Fires - Released 4-5-10

No Sense in Lovin' - Rufer - Reclaimed 3-31-10

Panthers (Proving Death Again) - kungfuonion

We've Been Had - legalsandwichmaneuver

Gun - Shakey1 - Reclaimed 3-31-10

Watch Me Fall - apetro277

Good Chinese Apple - bxb03a

Black Eye - floyd7201 - Reclaimed 4-7-10

Pecan Pie - ObliviousToMyself

Acuff-Rose - Gobias Industries Reclaimed 4-7-10

Guest Rufer

If a claim from the first list doesn't get reclaimed, I would love to do Wait Up.

If it is reclaimed, I'd also like to do No Sense in Lovin'.

cool! looks like i better get to work. oh, and if you want to put my real name up there, it's 'Simon Fazio'...

how do i go about submitting it? should i post it up on my webspace, or send a cd somewhere? i'm in australia.

cool! looks like i better get to work. oh, and if you want to put my real name up there, it's 'Simon Fazio'...

how do i go about submitting it? should i post it up on my webspace, or send a cd somewhere? i'm in australia.

Slow down, slow down, Mr. Enthusiasm! :D :lol: You have plenty of time yet, since we are still trying to get Wilco Tribute Vol. 2 completed & distributed!

For instructions on how to submit your contribution, check the pinned topics (in boldface) on this forum. I look forward to hearing your song....have fun! B)

Look here:

Submission Instructions

and here:

Tribute Guidelines

:rock

Guest Rufer

Just to be annoying, I'd like to change my choice to my original alternate. So can you please change me to No Sense in Lovin'?

Thanks.

I would like to do "Gun", if it hasn't been claimed yet.

I'm sorry to say that "Gun" has already been claimed, but was mistakenly listed on the Wilco Tribute #3 list. Sorry. Is there another song you'd like to do? "Wait Up" is open.....or maybe a Tweedy-sung Golden Smog song? I don't think "Pecan Pie" has been claimed yet....

Let me know, and I promise to list you promptly. B)

I'm sorry to say that "Gun" has already been claimed, but was mistakenly listed on the Wilco Tribute #3 list. Sorry. Is there another song you'd like to do? "Wait Up" is open.....or maybe a Tweedy-sung Golden Smog song? I don't think "Pecan Pie" has been claimed yet....

Let me know, and I promise to list you promptly. B)

We'll either do "The Long Cut" or "Wait Up." I'll need to run through them tonight and see.

so wait... is this going to be tribute 3 or somthing?

No, this will be Tweedy Tribute # 1, if we ever get it together. Wilco Tribute #3 is a separate project.

Is "Watch me Fall"" Available?

It's yours if you want it....I'll add it to the list right now in your name, but let me know if you definitely want it. B)

Guest apetro277

Definitely! Put me down for "Watch me Fall" THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely! Put me down for "Watch me Fall" THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you look at the first post in this thread, you'll see the full list. I've added your name. B)

Guest apetro277

I was just wondering if there was any kind of timeline yet for submissions. Has anyone else started working on their contribution yet? Is anyone finished? When should we look to submit by? just curious. Thanks!