Forum Upgrade...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, the conversion of my old theme didn't really work like they stated it would, so i will have to create a new layout for the forum.

so hold tight for a few days :cheers

hope you all like the new features

Tria--ah, never mind.

Thanks in advance, K-Train.

;)

crappy thing is, i'd been testing the 2.1 beta's & release candidates and wanted to do a "test" upgrade first, but they didn't allow that until the last 2 beta's, and i didn't want to risk messing up the forum altogether.

i did a backup of the v2.0.4 database just in case tho ;)

Guest baseball bobblehead
;)

crappy thing is, i'd been testing the 2.1 beta's & release candidates and wanted to do a "test" upgrade first, but they didn't allow that until the last 2 beta's, and i didn't want to risk messing up the forum altogether.

i did a backup of the v2.0.4 database just in case tho ;)

i like the colors. but i'm getting a weird error message on the bottom of my screen now and then with a dns error... and it has been wicket slow too. is that just me?

the colors are just the stock default 2.1 theme

what's the error message? not seeing any here. and seems faster than before here actually.

it is a weird c drive message on the left hand corner of the window, where it usually says "done" it periodically says that there's some sort of DNS error. I'm not having trouble with other sites, just this one. i tried deleting all my cookies , restarting et al but it doesn't seem to make a difference. for example, when i click the post this message button it will take over a minute for it to load the page, and then even longer for the post to show up. That seems really slow to me.

huh, doesn't seem like it would be an error w/ the site if you're getting something about your C drive

do you have a different browser you can try?

hm it is less slow using netscape, but it is still far slower than it ever was. And the change happened right when the board was down for those few minutes...

i am now posting with IE from a different computer in the apartment and having the same problems that i was having on my laptop so it can't just be that computer.

i am now posting with IE from a different computer in the apartment and having the same problems that i was having on my laptop so it can't just be that computer.

Have you rebooted your karma? Tried putting tinfoil on your cat?

ok, so why are my two computers acting up (they are both on a wireless network) but only here, but caliber's which is hardwired to the interweb is behaving? we are both using XP and IE, the difference is that i have ebay toolbar on mine (which i've actually disabled on this compy).

ok, so why are my two computers acting up (they are both on a wireless network) but only here, but caliber's which is hardwired to the interweb is behaving? we are both using XP and IE, the difference is that i have ebay toolbar on mine (which i've actually disabled on this compy).

not sure honestly :-/

i haven't really noticed any slowdown here, in fact as i said above, it seems faster for a lot of things.

Is the "Today's Birthdays" area going to return? Maybe I'm just not seeing it.

it seems to be working ok now on at least one computer. It is almost as if the machine had to "get used" to the new look and relearn it. Wacky. Anyway, at least this one is working. Will check the laptop latah.

edit: it seems that my ebay toolbar is the culprit...is that possible?