Guest carlos
good?

I read a couple of Roth novels for University and thoroughly enjoyed them (Human Stain and Portnoy's Complaint). I've been meaning to read some more.

So far it's really good, I just picked it up yesterday.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0802130208.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

a certified hoot!

Someone said this was a good book, haven't picked it up yet... I've yet to read another by John Kennedy Toole but recently got the dvd because I've was a extra in it a loooong time ago... interesting but kinda wasn't the way I thought it was going... Neon Bilble... Aren't books wonderful...

I want to read that. It sounds pretty good.

You should buy it, it has a swastika on the cover.

Just relating something I'd read - no need to be defensive.

I was being sarcasmic.

Someone said this was a good book, haven't picked it up yet... I've yet to read another by John Kennedy Toole but recently got the dvd because I've was a extra in it a loooong time ago... interesting but kinda wasn't the way I thought it was going... Neon Bilble... Aren't books wonderful...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kennedy_Toole

0451163966.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Been like ten years since I read this forgot how good it is.

I prefer Sometimes A Great Notion. Love love love that one.

Currently, Book 6 of:

0060095563.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I'm plowing my way through the entire Series of Unfortunate Events because my nieces love them, and I need to be able to discuss the stories with them. Book 12 comes out October 18th, so we're gearing up for that.

And after that, in a complete change of pace, for my book club:

0385475772.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.gif

I've heard it increases the value of houses, cars, and monkeys.

I will totally make an adjustment based on the increase in marketability of the subject property due to quality of books in the living room as compared to all comparables.

Sometimes A Great Notion may be my favorite novel ever.

I am almost afraid to re-read it in case it is not as good as I remember it being (if that makes any sense).

That's my favorite novel ever. Met Kesey a few times, told him that, and he said "Oh yeah, I wish I could write another one like that".