• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

187573.jpg

I don't know much about 80s politics, let alone clandestine Republican politics from that time, so this is an interesting read. Only about 60 pages into it so far.

0802130208.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

a certified hoot!

why hasn't this been made into a movie?

i've heard rumblings that attempts at adapting this have been made in the past. however, i know that stephen fry has been working on an adaptation of it in recent years. (wooot!)

phillip seymour hoffman! nice idea!

i've heard rumblings that attempts at adapting this have been made in the past. however, i know that stephen fry has been working on an adaptation of it in recent years. (wooot!)

phillip seymour hoffman! nice idea!

the last i heard will farrell was going to play the role.

Killing Yourself to Live : 85% of a True Story - Chuck Klosterman. I love this book - he disses punk rock and admits to buying all the Kiss albums three times.

Any book that uses a Sabbath song title as its title is at least worth a look, I suppose.

1082762614_hamlet.jpg

My favourite Shakespeare play. Love all the off-shoots like 'Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead!' and the various retellings.

My alias as a college DJ was Rosencrantz even.

shortstories-3.gif

top shelf comedy.

highlights include: "My Beard, Reviewed" and the unused DVD commentary for Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Ring by Noam Chomsky. :lol

shortstories-3.gif

top shelf comedy.

highlights include: "My Beard, Reviewed" and the unused DVD commentary for Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Ring by Noam Chomsky. :lol

that was really a good read.

i loved the list of words that would be good names for children if they weren't inappropriate.

--Calorie

--Dyslexia

--Bench

and the "Circumstances Under Which i Would Have Sex With My Fellow Jurors". spectacular. :lol

Two of my favorite books mentioned in the previous posts!

Evonne: "teamsta rap". I still giggle every time I think of it.

And KevFlynn, I got to meet Michael MacDonald and his two youngest brothers when he did a reading out here a couple of years ago. He was an incredibly friendly, down-to-earth guy, but talking to him was very strange (particularly when the talk turned to his family), almost as if characters in a novel had escaped the page and turned up in real life. Fabulous book.

shortstories-3.gif

top shelf comedy.

I am reading this now. It is really too funny. People at school were looking at me weird as I just laughed my ass off. The Noam Chomsky thing is hilarious.

Also the "How events of my life would be different if I had been shot in the stomache two times" and The newest jokes thing killed me.

Actually, too many good things in there to list any specific ones. They all had me rolling.

0449211479.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIlitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,32,-59_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I've been working on this book for a couple months now. It's almost 1100 pages long, but it's brilliant historical fiction about a archaeologist dig in the '60s where they uncover artifacts dating back to caveman days. Each artifact is then explained with a separate story. All the stories work together to show the reader a complete history of the site of the dig. It's really a fascinating concept and brilliantly written.