Good Delay/Phrase Sampler?

Well, I thought that I would start a new post for this one.

I currently use a Boomerang Phrase Sampler in my set up for delays and samples. It sucks! Very noisy and kills my tone. I looking to get something new with a true bypass.

I've been looking at a Line 6 delay. It's affordable. I would love to get a moog, but they are a little too spendy. I'm more of an analog man, so I would like to go in that direction. I also currenltly have a Maxon analog delay.

Any advice?

Well, I thought that I would start a new post for this one.

I currently use a Boomerang Phrase Sampler in my set up for delays and samples. It sucks! Very noisy and kills my tone. I looking to get something new with a true bypass.

I've been looking at a Line 6 delay. It's affordable. I would love to get a moog, but they are a little too spendy. I'm more of an analog man, so I would like to go in that direction. I also currenltly have a Maxon analog delay.

Any advice?

I dont think you're going to find anything analog that will work as a phrase sampler (unless your phrase is under a half second or so)

The Line 6 is supposed to be very noisy, though I hear it's good for looping. You might want to check out the Boss DD-20 or the Digitech JamMan.

Check out www.johnscofield.com and look at his gear. He has pictures of his pedal boards on his site. He uses a few different looping pedals, including the Boomerang, the Boss Loop Station, and the Line6 delay.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hate the Boss looper, I had it for a year and sold it. the Line 6 delay/looper is much better. For just delay I use the Visual Sound H2O pedal and the boss dd6. The H20 is a great sounding analoge echo and the boss is for longer delay.

Edited by groovingdan