Kicking Television mixing (keyboards)

on the live album, there doesn't seem to be a set way in which the instruments are mixed throughout (every song has an individual mix). does anyone have a little trouble distinguishing Mike's keyboards from Pat's? at the concerts, Mike had a grand piano, a Hammond, a Wurlitzer, and probably a synth. Pat had the Korg Triton digital workstation, Korg organ, and the Nord synth (as well as a Wurlitzer and upright piano).

I definately agree with you. It seems as though the panning (where the sound is coming from in the stereo spectrum) is different with every song. Having said that, I kept "losing" who was playing what. In some cases I even had a hard time distinguishing which guitar sound was coming from which person.

• 1 month later...
Keep in mind they come from different nights. Perhaps the sound guy at The Vic had some stuff set up differently.

Doubtful because Wilco has a defined stage setup, AND the shows were being filmed and any setup differences would ruin the DVD continuity.

It's probably due to how they mixed the tracks afterwards...