Jeff Tweedy 1/14/06

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Everyone!

I have finally had time to catch up on all the postings and agree with everybody on what is being said. More time definitly needs to be spent together in the future! Anyone hitting up the San Diego or LA shows??

Also, I am 100% interested in getting a disc with everybodies pictures on it since I spaced on the whole camera thing. So if I can help out in anyway with burning discs and mailing them out to people let me know. A big thanks to Morgan for hooking me up with some of the pictures I requested!

And Thank you Jeci81 for the nice treat in my mailbox this morning.

Norton, glad you made it home ok and I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing you in SD and LA. Great taste in music by the way.

Tweedlings, glad you made it home ok as well and it was nice to have someone else at the party with a southern twang!

Max, i'll have to check out your stuff!

Julie and Nate, I enjoyed our conversations as well on Saturday. Did I remember correctly that you all are from Sacremento? I'm heading out to San Fran for a snowboarding trip (Mammoth) in late February so if you are around we should meet for dinner?

I think that is all for now.... This getting back to work thing seems more and more difficult....

megan

Julie- you are just the best!

Thanks for sharing those photos above! Nate, I love your work!

Gosh I miss all you guys already!

Hi Jessica! I know what you mean -- the evening went by way too quick!! We most definitely need to meet up again sometime down the road. :)

Julie and Nate, I enjoyed our conversations as well on Saturday. Did I remember correctly that you all are from Sacremento? I'm heading out to San Fran for a snowboarding trip (Mammoth) in late February so if you are around we should meet for dinner?

Hi Megan! Your memory serves you well - we are indeed from Sacramento. Let us know when your snowboarding trip is and we

Here's one last picture from the evening (the scanned setlist....sheesh, my handwriting is a lot worse than I thought it was....I didn't evening have anything to drink!!):

Setlist_Scanned.jpg

- Julie :)

It'd be incredibly cool if you could distribute a hi-res scan of this.

Julie, your pictures are great. That picture of Jeff that Nathan drew is amazing! :yes he's got talent!

also, i'm gonna try to remember to email you! school has offcially made me spaztic when it comes to sending emails

For those of you keeping tabs on my looks, I do indeed have long hair and have had it for at least a year or more. I can grow a beard in no time at all, and I do grow one on occasion. Depends on my mood. So, it is very possible to encounter me with a beard. And, finally, I got new glasses today, so none of you will recognize me ever again. :lol

Jesse, as soon as I typed that, I had to do the math in my head, and yep, it's at least a year and a half since I've seen you. And all this time when I pictured you cuddling Laurel, you were clean-cut! :P

Hi Megan! Your memory serves you well - we are indeed from Sacramento. Let us know when your snowboarding trip is and we
Guest Ron Cey

Julie - that setlist is fantastic.

Thanks for sharing!

Matt

(the guy who still feels like a tool for requesting the Super Bowl Shuffle, especially now that the Bears lost)

(the guy who still feels like a tool for requesting the Super Bowl Shuffle, especially now that the Bears lost)

Hearing Tweedy rap "It's Gary here, I'm Mr. Clean! They call me hit man, don't know what they mean!" woulda made the night though.

When one of my sisters was in junior high, their school's anti-drug program had students take "the pledge" to stay off drugs, and they recorded a version of the Super Bowl Shuffle called the Pledgers' Shuffle. They sent the video to the Bears, and heard back, and for awhile there was talk that the Bears were going to come up and make an appearance at their school and do the Pledgers' Shuffle with them or something, but that never happened. The end.

Guest Ron Cey
When one of my sisters was in junior high, their school's anti-drug program had students take "the pledge" to stay off drugs, and they recorded a version of the Super Bowl Shuffle called the Pledgers' Shuffle. They sent the video to the Bears, and heard back, and for awhile there was talk that the Bears were going to come up and make an appearance at their school and do the Pledgers' Shuffle with them or something, but that never happened. The end.

That's all well and good, but it doesnt change the fact that I had an opportunity to ask Jeff any question and I completely shit the bed.

That being said, I really was impressed with how laid back everything was. That guy can work a crowd.

I should add that it was just a lame ass attempt at a joke, I did not expect to hear it, though I would love to hear an acoustic version.

I think I remember something like this conversation:

Ron Cey: I wonder who's going to have the biggest "fan" moment, say something stupid.

Me: I hope it's not me.

Ron Cey: Me neither...

Jazz Odyssey vs. Super Bowl Shuffle