Jeff Tweedy 1/14/06

Guest Ron Cey
I think I remember something like this conversation:

Ron Cey: I wonder who's going to have the biggest "fan" moment, say something stupid.

Me: I hope it's not me.

Ron Cey: Me neither...

Jazz Odyssey vs. Super Bowl Shuffle

Yeah, I do remember that. I appreciated the immediate support though. I didnt feel like a total idiot until I got in the car and realized how bad it bombed. But I mean, come on, what are the odds that I'll ever be able to ask for that again, much less in a year when the Bears looked like they had a legitimate shot at getting there. It all fell into place so perfectly, but...

...yeah, I'm a douchebag.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Laminated Kat
"I dance a little funky, so watch me girl.

There's no one here who does it like me,

my Super Bowl Shuffle will set you free!"

I commend you for sticking to your word and following through with that request. Regardless.

Yeah, what does that even mean? Was Jeff insinuating that I'm an asshole? If so, he's very perceptive.

Hey there are a half dozen other really bad requests you could have made that would have made the Super Bowl Shuffle look positively brilliant:

Freebird (for bob2)

Stairway to Heaven

InnaGaddadavidda (sp)

Que sera, sera

Anything by Son Volt

Hey there are a half dozen other really bad requests you could have made that would have made the Super Bowl Shuffle look positively brilliant:

Freebird (for bob2)

Stairway to Heaven

InnaGaddadavidda (sp)

Que sera, sera

Anything by Son Volt

I actually heard somebody asking Jeff to play a song by Radiohead during the pee break - they were in the dining room...I thought that was kind of a strange request...

I actually heard somebody asking Jeff to play a song by Radiohead during the pee break - they were in the dining room...I thought that was kind of a strange request...

jodi my friend, you have mail!

(i am a wee bit hyper...)

Sometimes I think Ron Cey is one of my secret aliases that I create when I'm drunk.

I also requested The Super Bowl Shuffle at a Bennett and Burch show at Fitzgeralds. Bennett said, "That is the worst request I've ever heard." I haven't liked him since.

Burch, on the other hand, started in on a short rendition at the piano. I've liked him ever since.

Wasn't his response "I don't know any Radiohead songs"? As in he didn't know how to play 'em on guitar?

That's exactly what I heard him say, "I don't know any Radiohead songs". As to what he truly meant by that, only his hairdresser knows for sure!!