Jeff Tweedy 1/14/06

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TweedyPosterSm4VC.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

:w00t holy smokes! these posters are fucking fantastic! what a wonderful idea, too.

thank you all for posting the set list and pix (terrific requests, kids! family gardener :love )

boy howdy.

btw--i do believe the johnny d look alike is our cnorton13. sorry to out you, dude. :ninja

Yes, this is Johnny Damon and I signed over a dozen autographs in the Chicago area over the weekend. If I missed anyone, please shoot me a PM and I'll send a signed photo your way!! :cheers (I can cover the postage now that I play for the Yankees.)

In all seriousness, it was great to meet everyone!! The night could not have been better. Edie and Leigh - THANKS SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!!

Okay, as the original instigator of this Living Room Group, Show #1, I need to address a difficult topic.

The Letters to Santa shows are a charity event. Since Jeff and Sue were so giving of their time and energy, there have been some guidelines established for all the Living Room shows. We would love to share everything with all of you but we also have an important respect for Jeff and his music, which I

What a great night! Thanks so much Edie and Scott for hosting such a fun event and to Leigh for orgainizing the collection and making the bid! It was a dream come true! It was great meeting everyone and I hope 2006 brings us all together for many more shows with just as much fun! Cheers! :D

Linda

...out from lurking

Guest Ron Cey
I would just like to throw in, for good measure, that Ron Cey is an a**hole and that's why I abandoned him after the pee-break :P

You bastard! I'm taking the picture of you and I off of my nightstand now.

Here ya guys go! ...there are different albums. ours is obviously the living room one. for a few pictures from the party look in that album too!

no.

Wow Erin...what a great bunch of photos!! I can't thank you enough for getting one of Jeff about to sign my plate, that is totally cool! Also thanks so much for all the fun talking about "real" music this past weekend. It was so refreshing to meet young people that are interested in something other than the crap that gets played on the radio...especially the lousy radio market we have up here near Milwaukee...

I also want to thank all the people who brought us stuff -- I know many people brought drinks and some brought food, and though I don't 100% know who did what, thanks for all of it!!!

Also, several of you came bearing other gifts -- Jodi, thanks for the Calexico CD and Warner for the NHampton MA Tweedy show. Listened to it (tweedy) in the car today -- and it is awesome just like you said.

Kudos to Jodi and Rob who arrived early bearing meat lasagna for the group and also got to see me pre-shower after running around all day doing errands/cooking/cleaning :punch

Edie--

You are very welcome for the CD and the lasagna...it was the least we could do really. You and your wonderful family made Rob and I feel so welcome in your home. Scott was the most gracious host, making sure I had a cup of coffee (which Sara was sweet enough to share her Starbucks with me!!) and getting the punch going way early on also. You all are very precious people to us and even though we only met for one brief weekend, you've touched our lives forever. We'll have to make the trip down some weekend to check out one of either Scott's or Max's gigs...sounds like a blast!!

Edited by Jodi F
As for the frames, I'm probably repeating myself, but I love sharing the story....they belonged to the grandmother of one of my co-workers. He was cleaning out his parent's house and immediately thought of me when he came across them (is that a good thing??)! Just got the lenses replaced about two weeks ago and I absolutely adore them. They're a bit goofy, but so am I!

- Julie :)

Julie, you looked absolutely stunning in those glasses!!

I'm so sorry, nic.

I'm not usually a strong killer of buzzes.

I just thought it was better to address the requests for copies of the show upfront. Backup? Someone? Where are MKH and CNorton when I need them??

i hear ya - just a little friendly joshing

SUM' BITCH!

It took us a long time to get back to TEXAS. "Our horse Jethro, Well he went mad."* AND I have to admit....We did not want to leave. Let me start off by saying I have not read all the posts yet so I will not say a whole lot YET for the sake of not repeating a buncha shit. However, the people we met on Sat. night were all cool as shit. We did not expect less! Jeff :rock and Sue :wub are incredible people and I will never be able to truly show the appreciation we have for them and what they have done.

NOW, let me take this time to express how impressed we were with the kindness and sharing spirit of all the people we met living in and around CHICAGO. You should be very proud of yourselves and your city....THANK YOU.

Oh, and Ron Cey.....You thought you were slick paying for our cab ride back to the Hotel didn't ya. :lol

Thank you to everyone. We'll be back. I have a lot to say so I will take it slow. Lets say this is part 1 :D

I'm finally coming down from the buzz of Saturday night. I keep looking at pictures from the night and still get all giddy.

It was great meeting everyone. I hope you all returned safely from whilst you came (especially those coming from California and Texas and out east).

Edie, thanks for hosting and being so generous about sharing your place (I can't remember, but I did give you those tickets for the Abbey, right? I was freaking out thinking I may have lost them). Leigh, thanks for organizing. Everyone else, I had a wonderful time. Sorry for the banter and boring story about the chick in Kalamazoo that told me to shut up. It's been something I wanted to get off my chest for a year.

See you soon!

Chris

Edie, thanks for hosting and being so generous about sharing your place (I can't remember, but I did give you those tickets for the Abbey, right? I was freaking out thinking I may have lost them). Leigh, thanks for organizing. Everyone else, I had a wonderful time. Sorry for the banter and boring story about the chick in Kalamazoo that told me to shut up. It's been something I wanted to get off my chest for a year.

See you soon!

Chris

hahah i loved that story!!!! i'm not the type of person that would have stood up for myself, i prolly would have just sat around the rest of the show not singing along and having fun, but if jeff just all of a sudden was liek "i love when you guys sing along!!!" it would just make my night hahaha.

hahah i loved that story!!!! i'm not the type of person that would have stood up for myself, i prolly would have just sat around the rest of the show not singing along and having fun, but if jeff just all of a sudden was liek "i love when you guys sing along!!!" it would just make my night hahaha.

I was at first, but then I turned into Nelson:

nelson_ha_ha.jpg

I'm finally coming down from the buzz of Saturday night. I keep looking at pictures from the night and still get all giddy.

It was great meeting everyone. I hope you all returned safely from whilst you came (especially those coming from California and Texas and out east).

See you soon!

Chris

:yes I still owe you the $$ -- I will see you at the venue, mkay?

And you are VERY welcome. I so enjoyed meeting you, and I loved your story.

Now I feel like I need to have "solo" nights with you all to get all the stories straight etc. When one is hosting, you end up "skimming" most conversations and get interrupted often, and too often in the middle of interesting stories that you can't get back to. Wait, what the F am I complaining about??? :punch :lol

hahah sorry...i dont really understand it either, but i'll attempt..copying a picture from a website can decrease its quality..some people prefer having the photo at its original quality so they can print it and frame it or something. its not a BIG difference, some people just prefer the original to copying and pasting it from a website. i've had people email me before asking for the high res versions to make cover art and whatnot..but yeah. that's all i really know about it..:unsure :hmm i just comply with requests!

anyways, if you have no idea what im talking about, just pretend i never even mentioned it.. :ninja

I just thought it was better to address the requests for copies of the show upfront. Backup? Someone?

Absolutely understandable. I'm not a huge collector of shows myself, although I have a select few that I treasure (thanks to those who B&P'd to me - you know who you are!), but it strikes me that this was such a personal experience that it actually might not be too enjoyable to hear as someone who was not actually present. It would feel like prying. And that's quite apart from the fact that you forked out to the charity to earn the right to be there in the first place. You have been more than generous with the pictures and stories (and putting up with the odd bad joke from people like me - speaking of which - a couple follow). :cheers