Links to your band

:thumbup These I like.

yay!! the proper place, j/k..

anyways, just finished up my first album, had it mastered and it should be available in June for sale...i've put up 4 tracks on myspace...check them out if you get the chance..thanks

www.myspace.com/matthewjamesrobinson

I play lead guitar and some keyboards in the breakups: www.myspace.com/thebreakupssuck

If you're in LA, check us out at Mr. T's Bowl on July 23rd.

I also play piano, organ, and synth with Biirdie: www.myspace.com/biirdie

Biirdie is talking about touring in the fall so I'll keep you posted when dates and locations are set.

http://www.myspace.com/socalledstar

My other band. The band that I write the music for and sing/play lead guitar. Just finished our first three song EP. Check it out, let me know what you think. :)

Here's our contribution - Garage Thunder

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's our contribution - Garage Thunder

Dirty Slide reminds me a little of Zappa's Willie the Pimp!

I like Off of Boundaries and So Long quite a bit, nice stuff.

Not much on there yet but it's coming:

http://www.myspace.com/circlethedrainrocks

I enjoy that one, it's got a nice balance of musical elements. The Jayhawks vocal harmonies in the chorus/bridge are good touches.

I'll get to a couple more later, but there's some pretty sweet music in the four pages of this thread.

thechairsband.com

We've been playing a good amount of scatter shows since December, and are going on a big tour week tour most likely the last full week in March. Moreover, we've done a EP, and our starting work on our album this week!

Oh yeah, you can listen to our EP on your website or download for free!

Dirty Slide reminds me a little of Zappa's Willie the Pimp!

:-O Has everyone met my new best friend, deepseacatfish? :worship

btw, first time I ever used a slide.

Thanks, glad you like it my friend. We've posted several more songs (almost done with our first 10 song album). :)

Checked out your stuff. Cool, unique tunes man. You guys would be fun to jam with. :)

We make it up as we go and are just working out some chops here and there on the weekend. If I had a more formal music education, maybe our songs would have more structure. Everything we do is spontaneous, so jamming would indeed be fun. :pirate

Lamrod, if I remember right you considered my suggestion of Magic Angle Artifact for a band name, no? mmmmm......Maybe it would be a better album title. :lol

Lamrod, if I remember right you considered my suggestion of Magic Angle Artifact for a band name, no? mmmmm......Maybe it would be a better album title. :lol

Ha, I do remember that! It would be a cool album title. Or even a song title... Maybe I'll use it for our newest untitled song. :thumbup

Soon as I get a spare minute at home I'm going to check out some of these links!

I always though "Brownfinger" would be a good name for a band but it seems to make people recoil a bit. Perfectly harmless to me.

Okee dokee, I just posted a bunch of new songs on my site and I've got a site up for a band that I'm in with a friend from Iowa City.

Would love to get your feedback!

The Noble Octopus

contraption

Finally getting around to listening. Really like the Noble Octopus stuff so far! Love that guitar tone (for example on "Departure"), very sonic youth or something. Is that a Mustang! Anyways, once I get a chance I will listen to the rest. No vocals or have I just picked the non vocal tracks so far?

My friend's music.

I'm quoting a post of his on another board:

Hello to my friends at Via Chicago.

I released my first full-length album on Friday. My influences include The Beatles, Jack White, Beck, Radiohead, and Elliott Smith to name a few.

I have three tracks you can stream here: www.myspace.com/wesleyscottmusic

You may recognize one of them from crackerjunkie's Atease compilation.

Or I have a digstation profile where you can stream 30 second samples of all of the tracks (or purchase if you like).

It is here: www.digstation.com/wesscott

Feel free to have a listen and tell me what you think.

I realized you lived in Colorado, I thought I might even check out your show. Then I realized it's not in Denver. Hit me up if you guys ever want cheap studio time in Denver.

Will do. PM me some info, it won't be long before we are looking to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

used to be in the double stops, now i have a new band. we are trying to get some recordings up. ill post more when we have some. add us!

www.myspace.com/butchersblindmusic

Finally getting around to listening. Really like the Noble Octopus stuff so far! Love that guitar tone (for example on "Departure"), very sonic youth or something. Is that a Mustang! Anyways, once I get a chance I will listen to the rest. No vocals or have I just picked the non vocal tracks so far?

Thanks man! There's a bunch of new stuff up there (with vocals for the most part). Departure is a Strat, like most of the electric tracks on the songs, but I just recently got a Jazzmaster that I've been playing like crazy (all the contraption tracks are with that guitar).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...