Links to your band

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother and I decided that the best way finish some songs that we’ve been tinkering away on in the home studio over the last year or so, was to get some of them Mastered and put them out there on one of those old-fashioned CD things.

It’s a good feeling to know they are “finished” and that we can now move onto something else.

Have a listen:

http://www.myspace.com/meechbrothers

http://www.myspace.com/thenebs -My main band, we play blues, poppy, rock stuff. Our guitarist and bass player are killer. I just play drums.

http://www.myspace.com/jimtband -my metal outfit. We dont do a lot... but hopefully soon we'll do some stuff together. Just bass and drums

http://www.myspace.com/musiccamjones - my solo stuff. I'd love to do more stuff with these songs. but i write and record constantly

I was going to start a new topic but this seems like a good place. I'm now in a band that does 90% of my songs. We play our asses off and practice like no other band I've ever been in. We play out as much as possible. We also do a lot of benefits for all sorts of causes.

I guess my question is how do you get people to come to your shows? We have friends turn out but you can't burn them out. We do add new songs for every show and vary the setlists greatly. We just don't get the showing. I've done some thinking and think that there are some things that we don't do and need to do:

Give out CDs.

Setup a band signup sheet?

Get some TV shirts made up.

Do you guys have any thing that you do to get folks out to support your band?

BreezyGrass

Solo Stuff

BreezyGrass MySpace

I agree on the free thing for sure. We haven't gotten the music out there on a medium. So we made a batch burned off of a public access TV show which had good sound. We're going to give 'em out at the next show.

I think this Summer we are going to go out of our range and play some shows out of state and see what happens. Thanks for the advice.

Hey, this is a great thread.

Well, I am not in this band but my best friend is the lead singer/songwriter & guitarist. He's on VC, but he doesn't post often.

Bryan Pero & The Tired Horses out of New England (mainly MA).

Anyways, here is the page.

http://www.myspace.com/bryanpero

(and another link for people in a band. I'm sure not everyone has heard of Reverb Nation? Great site)

I videotape every time I see them live. I'm working on putting up some youtube clips which is helpful in promotion to get gigs obviously.

Lastly, my friend has opened for Ryan Adams during the Cold Roses tour (June 4, 2005) and he just opened up for Bill Kirchen in Shirley, MA this past Friday night. Not bad at all. :thumbup

That's cool. I've opened for Bill Kirchen before. A complete gentleman. He really is - setting up the PA we were all going to play through. I didn't even know who he was and I handed him my cables and what not when one is setting up. He actaully came over to me looked at my pedal board and said no one's supposed to have a bigger pedal board than me! I didn't really get it because I thought he was part of another opening band - not Bill Kirchen himself. I realized later and yelled at my buddy who's band I was filling in for that he didn't let me know.

I went up to Bill after the show to hang out and thank him. He does a great version of Dylan's The Times They Are A Changin' and It Take A Train To Laugh. True gentleman!

Edit: Kirchen does do cool Dylan covers in addition to his awesome material. Hot Rod Lincoln he does over 15 guitarist impressions throughout the song if not more. He is a consumate performer.

• 1 month later...

My new album just became available at iTunes, so here is the link, if you wanna check it out:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/chicken-on-a-bicycle/id349619310

It's called Chicken On a Bicycle and I think that it's pretty good. Pretty much all over the place, stylistically.

I hope that you check it out.

And I don't know what else to say.

Thanks.

:cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's a link to my solo myspace.

My band hasn't gotten any pages together yet. We're still working on mixing our demos and recording some other things. We did a cover of Ashes Of American Flags, which will be up on our band pages when we get them together. I will post a link to all that when it's ready.

I also have a reverbnation page with a few more songs than the myspace, so you can search me there too.

Hope you enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You ALL need to go to THIS THREAD and follow the instructions, if you have not done so already.

It will make it a lot easier for all of us to hear your bands, if we all have stuff in a central location.

And no, I do not work for them.

I guess that I'll post links to streaming sounds from my old, defunct bands, too. Just so that somebody will listen to these songs:

eLeMeNO (my first-ever band)

Cash Cow (an old punk band)

ChewToy (another punk band)

And, then, I already posted the links to Hop On Pop. (multiple times!)

It's only taken us about a billion years but we finally have something up on

. We're in the studio and this song will be on the record whenever in gets finished.

Good stuff! You working the electric or the acoustic/vocals?