She's A Jar

Guest williammiller

First off, I love this song. Second, does anyone know what kind of keyboards are used on this? Thanks.

I think there is a mellotron on it or something that sounds like one, that's a vintage sixties keyboard that was a precursor to the synth, most famously used on The Beatles' Strawberry Fields Forever. Very cool instrument.

--Mike

• 3 weeks later...
I think there is a mellotron on it or something that sounds like one, that's a vintage sixties keyboard that was a precursor to the synth, most famously used on The Beatles' Strawberry Fields Forever. Very cool instrument.

--Mike

Don't forget Hammond Organ in addition to the Mellotron flutes and strings.

Also, there's some keyboard playing an oboe or bassoon or some other double-reed instrument. I've no idea what that keyboard might be.

Just because I'm a wonk, I might suggest that the Mellotron, which plays a tape of an instrument playing a note when a key is pressed, is the precursor to the modern ROMpler, which plays a sample stored in ROM when a key is pressed.

Hmm... yes, I am a nerd.

• 2 weeks later...
Nonsense. You just got some cool info, and it's to everyone's benefit to learn cool (at least I think) new stuff about music. :thumbup

Not a nerd...

but definitely a geek :thumbup