3/12/06 -- Langerado Music Festival

I thought most of the jam-band folks took pretty well to the Wilco set, although in the interest of full disclosure, I couldn't really see most of the crowd. It was a fun show, as festivals go. Had to endure Slightly Stoopid and G. Love and Special Sauce (and even the two of them playing together at one point), but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do...:P

Setlist as follows...

Airline to Heaven

Kingpin

Handshake Drugs

A Shot in the Arm

At Least That's What You Said

Hell Is Chrome

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

IATTBYH

Forget The Flowers (w/John and Pat on background vox)

War on War

Jesus, etc.

Hummingbird

Walken

Heavy Metal Drummer

Theologians

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Monday

The Late Greats

*They audibled out of The Good Part, which was on the setlist after Hummingbird I believe. Nels grabbed his white Jazzmaster and didn't realize that they weren't doing TGP until Jeff strummed the first chords of Walken. Then he realized and switched to the lap steel. Ha ha. :)

*I wonder if the band will make it on to a Langerado DVD, if there is one. For pretty much every other band this weekend, there were video guys taping after all of the press photographers got kicked out of the area in front of the stage. But I saw nary a video camera at the respective point in Wilco's set. Then again, they *really* didn't fit in very well with most of the rest of the lineup.

*First time I haven't seen Jeff wear a jacket in forever. Then again, it was like 80 degrees. (To any interested parties: He went with a black western shirt.)

He said "it was like Dante's" there.

Great performance. Jeff was in a really great mood. I loved all of the rock star moves he's doing. It's so great.

Although the Flaming Lips yesterday stole the whole damn thing. Man, that was one of the most fun experiences I've ever had. being in the middle of that huge crowd of people singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" was great.

Hell of a festival though.

Great show....watched them from side stage.

The festival was well done, saw many cool acts, including Drive By Truckers late night which was out of control awesome.

I thought Jeff was a little reserved but the performance was overall great. I loved Kingpin early and Monday late.

*First time I haven't seen Jeff wear a jacket in forever. Then again, it was like 80 degrees. (To any interested parties: He went with a black western shirt.)

a few years ago...2002 i think it was. wilco played and outdoor summer concert here in nashville. it was hotter than hell, but jeff wore the denim jacket. i'm surprised he didn't die.

Langerado performance was incredible.

Disclaimer!!!! This was my first show! I know...sad but true. I am a long time fan but had yet to see them live. I could not have been more pleased with the experience.

I planted myself right at the front of stage right. Really got a great feel for the band's energy. I won't lie, there were some moments where I thought the band was a little disinterested. But I think they got more into it as the sun set, the lights came on, and the temperature dropped.

I went to this show by myself, since all of my friends wanted to see Keller Williams who was playing at the same time at the other stage. But I felt welcomed and at home as I was surrounded by other Wilco fanatics. It's nice to realize there are other people out there that connect just as strongly as I do to the beauty that is Wilco music.

I can't wait to see them again.

I agree the Wilco show was awesome at Langerado. The band did seem a bit out of place, but they put on a great show as always and were very loud and very intense. I've never been dissapointed by a Wilco concert and certainly wasn't this weekend. I'm not sure if it was the best concert of the festival, the Flaming Lips were amazing, as were the Disco Biscuits and several other bands that I got to see, but seeing Wilco was by far the highlight for me. I have never had the chance to be so close to the stage and despite the huge crowd it was very comfortable. I hope they continue to come down to South Florida on regular basis.

Also, on another note.. I normally hate big music festivals.. I'd rather see the bands on their own. But Langerado was very well done and I enjoyed every minute of it.

March 12, 2006 - Sunrise, FL - Langerado (Festival) - Sunday

No Speak Nop Slave, Sting Me, Black Moon Creeping, Soul Singing, Ballad in Urgency > Wiser Time, My Morning Song, Sometimes Salvation, By Your Side, Hard to Handle, She Talks to Angels, Jealous Again, Twice As Hard, Remedy

Anyone catch The Black Crowes set?

Yeah. They rocked, but seeing as I didn't know any of the songs, I couldn't get too much into it. Plus I was just beat from 2 days of standing in the hot sun and just seeing wilco, so I couldn't bear to go down in the crowd. But it was a good set.

Yeah. They rocked, but seeing as I didn't know any of the songs, I couldn't get too much into it. Plus I was just beat from 2 days of standing in the hot sun and just seeing wilco, so I couldn't bear to go down in the crowd. But it was a good set.

Looks like they played their "hits" set so to speak - at least you got to see them.

Yes I checked them out....really a hits set, but overall a real nice set with long jams.

Also, Eddie was back, which was in question since he misssed at least 1 gig a few months ago. I guesss the kissed and made up.

It was so sweet, seeing Wilco for 90 minutes and as soon as they finished TBC came on (within 90 seconds). All I had to do was turn my head to the right and TBC had started. They played for 2 hours and the whole festival was awesome.

Plus I saw Drive by Truckers late night at the Culture Room which holds like 300 or so. That was the real highlight (Other then Wilco or course).

Yes I checked them out....really a hits set, but overall a real nice set with long jams.

Also, Eddie was back, which was in question since he misssed at least 1 gig a few months ago. I guesss the kissed and made up.

It was so sweet, seeing Wilco for 90 minutes and as soon as they finished TBC came on (within 90 seconds). All I had to do was turn my head to the right and TBC had started. They played for 2 hours and the whole festival was awesome.

Plus I saw Drive by Truckers late night at the Culture Room which holds like 300 or so. That was the real highlight (Other then Wilco or course).

Wow - that's cool.

I just grabbed a show last night where they did You've Got To Hide Your Love Away for the first time - I think it is from last week sometime. I can't recall.

Yea, was at the show myself. This is the 4th time I've seen Wilco, and I have to say

this was the best show I've seen. Jazz Fest set last year is up there, but at Langerado they just completely rocked out for 90 minutes. Just great. And at least where I was (near front center) everyone was going crazy.

Guest Harold Chasen

I was about 30 rows back in the middle and everyone around me was very into the set. Saw them with my girlfriend in Jacksonville on Friday as well. 2 Wilco shows in 3 days is not a bad way to spend a weekend. Jacksonville was my girlfriend's first Wilco show and she had sort of a lukewarm reaction due to the venue being a sit-down affair and all. Was very pleased to report after the set on Sunday that she said that she totally "got it" now. Nice.

Went directly to the Secret Machines set after Wilco and was pretty much blown away. Amazingly powerful stuff with a great light show. It made for quite a 1-2 punch.

Edited by Harold Chasen