Meridian, MS 3/15/06

Hey this was my first Wilco show, and it was truly awesome. After the show I got a setlist that had been taped to the stage and managed to get backstage. I got everyone but Tweedy to sign the setlist because he was on the bus and wasn't feeling well. They were all extremely friendly, especially Patrick and his father. The recording is GREAT... Thanks so much for posting it!

Edited by WLG867
Guest freakowarez
After Pete talked to the crowd each member of the band came over and hugged him. You could tell that they really realized what a big deal this was to him.

Pete? You mean Patrick?

Guest freakowarez
This show was great. So special and inspiring. I'm attempting to figure out this whole bit torrent thing to get the recording of it, but it's totally new to me. It'd be the ultimate souvenir from a great night. B)

Download Azureus. It's a bit torrent program. Just follow the instructions for setup and it should work pretty well.

I drove 4.5 hours from Memphis and got there during the 2nd song. It was great (but not as good as Nashville). I need help (or maybe intervention), as I did not tell my friends and family about this mid-week jaunt to see my favorite band. Then saw them 2 days later. I think I'll have my fix for a while. Now for the new Loose Fur out today.

Meridian's highlight of course was Pat's touching words. I loved what he said about how modest his dad was all those years, not asking any artists for their photo/autograph. If you read Danny Miller's blog (he's Jeff's brother-in-law), he has some interesting thoughts about dealing with celebrity. We do go gaga when we meet someone who has touched us. Even celebrities have trouble meeting their heroes. Maybe this is fodder for another thread. But I've wanted to meet Wilco after a show but have avoided pursuing them because I thought it would be a letdown. Or that I'd make a fool of myself.

Guest zia17

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Hey Panic!

Want to thank you for the photos! I was the blonde chick right in front of you...in one of the shots you got the back of my head! How awesome! AMAZING SHOW!!! I took some pics w/my phone but didn't want to take anything with a flash while they were performing (guess I was afraid of dirty looks from the band!) The meet and greet was cool but too many people snuck in who weren't invited.

Leah in Biloxi :dancing [/font]

Hey man Well said,

I am from Meridian and to this town having wilco was a huge deal. Yeah I have listed to their music and i saw their bonnaroo set a couple years back, but i am a big panic fan and i had no idea what the hell i was in store for. I had pit tickets and was on second row centered on jeff and the energy up where i was sitting was unreal i turn around several times and see that alot of the crowd is sitting but for the first 15 rows everyone is own their feet and having a great time the show was very emotional for pat and tony after tony came on stage and was walking off he could be seen saying "Thats my Boy!" "Thats my Boy!" I personally know tony and hes a great guy who has done alot for this whole in the wall town. I took some great Photos here they are for your enjoyment the first ones arent so great but as you get closer to the end of the album the photos are great!

Wilco Photos 3-15-2006 Meridian Mississippi

Guest freakowarez

IMG_2732.jpg

This is me on the right near the end of the concert. If anyone knows this girl, tell her I LOVE HER. Mainly for getting excited over Mermaid Ave. songs and being super hot. No seriously, anybody know this girl??

Guest freakowarez

Seems like this is gonna be another case of "a night forgotten." It is still, however, in my mind, and I'll remember it a long time from now.

• 4 weeks later...