Best song to serenade the opposite sex

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last lady friend really liked "Someone Else's Song." She also liked "Someday, Some Morning, Sometime" and "Far, Far Away." I played "Via Chicago" once for her and I did a really good job and expected her to like it and when I looked at her afterward, she simply asked, "Why would he dream about killing her?" That was that.

Isn't that about death...? If so, that's kind of creepy: see if she has some necro issues.

Is it? The lyric "One by one I hear the soft words that you whisper/One by one I feel your kisses soft and sweet/One by one I hope you'll say the words to marry/One by one to one by one forever be" throws me, since it's not very post-mortum-ish.

That's the lyric that got her anyway.

And I also played 'Blower's Daughter' by Damien Rice without taking my eyes of of her the whole time. Seriously, that melts girl's souls (especially since I can sing just like him, and almost as high)

Guest ManifoldDream
She's a Jar

Via Chicago

At Least That's What you Said

Via Chicago might scare a girl, would it not? Most people have an odd fear of death and even if they do not they might find being killed by the one they love unsettling.

Edited by ManifoldDream
Via Chicago might scare a girl, would it not? Most people have an odd fear of death and even if they do not they might find being killed by the one they love unsettling.

Mine were totally tongue in cheek - (the other two songs are about spousal abuse)

Isn't that about death...? If so, that's kind of creepy: see if she has some necro issues.

Not nearly as creepy as the Old '97s "Jack the Necrophiliac"! Quite a catchy song, really.

Guest ManifoldDream
Lou Reed's "Perfect Day"

I would argue that Pale Blue Eyes would be... ironicly better.

As for Wilco, More Like The Moon would please me very much, but then ... I am an odd girl.