US summer festivals

I may be lucky enough to visit the States again next year, late May to late June 2007

I've noticed this timing coincides with Sasquatch and Bonnaroo (this year at least anyway)

My questions are:

are there any other festivals anywhere in the US during this time that would be worth checking out?

what's the verdict on Sasquatch and Bonnaroo - worth the effort? (the Bonnaroo line-ups always look bloody fantastic)

thanks in advance,

cheers,

whiskeygirl

the gorge is absolutly amazing. went last year to sasquatch and had a blast. unfortunatly it was record temps in seattle and it was hot as hell.

bonnaroo is always hot as hell four days (usually some bands play thursday night check it out after you set up camp) in the middle of a Tennessee field. the crowd is huge and seems to get bigger every year. its a great time if you can stand porta johns, no showers and intense heat for four days. the music is always a blast and you will meet some interesting people.

the gorge is absolutly amazing. went last year to sasquatch and had a blast. unfortunatly it was record temps in seattle and it was hot as hell.

bonnaroo is always hot as hell four days (usually some bands play thursday night check it out after you set up camp) in the middle of a Tennessee field. the crowd is huge and seems to get bigger every year. its a great time if you can stand porta johns, no showers and intense heat for four days. the music is always a blast and you will meet some interesting people.

Bonnaroo is the only festival I've been to. I went in 2004 and I'm going again this year. It's an extremely fun time; as long as you're ready for what you're getting into. It's a festival. You are going to get dirty, and there are going to be a lot of people. Bring plenty of wipes, plenty of water, plenty of food, and plenty of patience to sit in your car for 4-10 hours in line to get into the festival. They actually cut ticket sales this year by 10,000 but who knows how many people sneak in. Don't let any of what I said deter you; it's not meant to. As long as you go to a festival knowing you're not just going to a 3 hour concert you'll be fine, and you won't be able to compare it to anything else ever, or be able to ever forget it.

May 20-21, free festival in Atlanta (at Centennial Park) hosted by Southern Comfort. Must be 21 or older to get in. Flaming Lips and Big Star are playing, not sure who else.

Did I mention it's free.

May 20-21, free festival in Atlanta (at Centennial Park) hosted by Southern Comfort. Must be 21 or older to get in. Flaming Lips and Big Star are playing, not sure who else.

Did I mention it's free.

This sounds cool! Not big on festival crowds myself but sucked it up yesterday when i got Intonation tix to see Roky Erickson. Can't wait!