Far Far Away Live...

Guest Ofuskee

Guest Ofuskee

Hey all, I have been trying to get the Chords to Far Far Away right this afternoon. And I just noticed that on the Album (Being There) JT is playing straight up acoustic, standard tuning.

But I also have a live solo show of Tweedy at the Vic in Chicago, and he plays up a step with a capo on II, so next time you play it, give this a try, I think it sounds a little more lively for upper baritones or tenor voices like JT (??) and myself.

funny this...

i always play Gun with a capo on 2 and sing it lower like jeff used to at solo shows. a few hours ago, i decided to try it open and sing it high and it sounded pretty ok.... the first time i ever tried it without a capo

But I also have a live solo show of Tweedy at the Vic in Chicago, and he plays up a step with a capo on II

He has done that with Wilco too. You can't tell if he's doing Far Far Away or New Madrid until he starts singing.

funny this...

i always play Gun with a capo on 2 and sing it lower like jeff used to at solo shows. a few hours ago, i decided to try it open and sing it high and it sounded pretty ok.... the first time i ever tried it without a capo

No kidding! I tried that for the first time yesterday too! Mad.

• 4 weeks later...

Tweedy's a baritone, definately. Still sings higher than me though, but that has nothing to do with it.

Thanks for this, too--I feel guilty whenever I capo a song, and I've been using capo 2 on this for a long time.

Tweedy's a baritone, definately. Still sings higher than me though, but that has nothing to do with it.

Thanks for this, too--I feel guilty whenever I capo a song, and I've been using capo 2 on this for a long time.

gordon lightfoot made a living out of using a capo in the 2nd fret (99% of the time!)