S(l)ayreville, NJ -- 4/21/06

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely incredible :worship , even with Jeff being definitely agitated by that asshole for much of the show.

This lineup just keeps getting better and better, so much so that I really don't even care anymore what they play. That was the closest I've ever been to Nels, and he had me utterly mesmorized for much of the show :stunned Best Spiders I've ever seen :worship , the horns were awesome :rock , Bruce impression priceless :D , and Angry Jeff seemed to be taking his disdain for that asshole out on his guitar playing, esp on ALTWYS (giving him the drawn out middle finger was a nice touch, too.)

They for sure could've played longer (only 20 songs), but he looked like he definitely wanted out of Jersey (I've been trying for years :P ). Still, no complaints out of me. Just another spiritual experience for me (my apologizes to all the atheists here :P ) by the best band around.

ps - Sorry I missed meeting you, Shawn. I was probably right in front of you. Glad you had a great time. :thumbup

I completely agree with you. It was possibly the best show I've ever seen. I would have liked them to play longer, but what can you do. I'm just glad I made the effort to get to Sayreville- thanks again TJ. I feel lucky to have been there. I don't know that I'll ever get to see them again in such an intimate venue. I don't think anyone who was lucky enough to be at the Starland that night has anything to complain about. (unless you were one of the kids that got pulled out of the crowd in a headlock for smoking weed)

(unless you were one of the kids that got pulled out of the crowd in a headlock for smoking weed)

hahahahah i saw that. They were standing next to me at one point. I felt bad, but they were kinda being reckless about it, and they smoked a lot. They were too close to the back of the crowd to be smoking anyway.

the security guard was so unprofessional about it.

Believe it or not, while that picture was opening on my computer for the first time I was repeating "please don't be a Black Eyed Peas shot" over and over. :lol

Nice shots! :worship

I completely agree with you. It was possibly the best show I've ever seen. I would have liked them to play longer, but what can you do. I'm just glad I made the effort to get to Sayreville- thanks again TJ. I feel lucky to have been there. I don't know that I'll ever get to see them again in such an intimate venue. I don't think anyone who was lucky enough to be at the Starland that night has anything to complain about. (unless you were one of the kids that got pulled out of the crowd in a headlock for smoking weed)

yeah, best wilco show i've ever seen. definatley the most rocking. starland room was awesome place.

Hello fellow Wilco fans. I was just wondering if anyone had any pictures from this show? Any at all would be greatly appreciated.

After reading some of the replies to this thread, I found that a lot of people thought the Starland Ballroom was a terrible venue.. I couldn't disagree more. I'm a modest 5 foot 4 inch fellow, and I had a clear view of the entire band. I was pretty much in the middle of the pack, but the stage was positioned well enough to see most of the band pretty clearly. The place was so bloody small and intimate! I couldn't have asked for anything more.

My only regret was that drunken bastard who had to yell ridiculous crap at Jeff while he was playing.

Overall, awesome show.