Son Volt in Phoenix

Caught Son Volt at the McDowell Mountain Music fest in Scottsdale. Perfect weather, small crowd, great show, great band. Festival set was too short, and there were some sound issues, but over all they kicked serious butt.

Check out some photos at http://flickr.com/photos/joseortega/sets/72057594121742857/

Edited by hank snow
Guest Laminated Kat
Caught Son Volt at the McDowell Mountain Music fest in Scottsdale. Perfect weather, small crowd, great show, great band. Festival set was too short, and there were some sound issues, but over all they kicked serious butt.

Check out some photos at http://flickr.com/photos/joseortega/sets/72057594121742857/

Great Pictures!

They said they were pretty unhappy because the sun was in their eyes the entire time. They are sounding great though.

One of my favorite parts of the show....when Dave plays the symbols with that shaker. spaceball.gif

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't been following SV. What happened to Chris Frame?

Shot out of a cannon.

Actually, Chris Frame was only temporary. Brad Rice played on the album, but couldn't play on the first part of the tour because of some prior commitments.

Hmm, I'm aware of the reason Chris was there but since he kicked so much ass I didn't think Brad was coming back especially since he's prone to touring with other folks. I like Brad but Chris was just smokin' when I saw SV, he was a keeper.

Hmm, I'm aware of the reason Chris was there but since he kicked so much ass I didn't think Brad was coming back especially since he's prone to touring with other folks. I like Brad but Chris was just smokin' when I saw SV, he was a keeper.

I agree completely. He was incredible.

I haven't seen Son Volt with Brad Rice yet, but I hear he's even better. We'll see at the Taste of Randolph...