Guns 'N' Roses..well sorta 5/12/06 Hammerstein NYC

Well I was bored this friday and was perusing the craigs list and I found a last minute ticket to see Gun's first USA show in who knows how long at the Hammerstein. I got in for half price! Yay! Anyway I will write a review as best as I can for it is late!

Doors were supposed to open at 730 but didn't till 830! The line was sooo long it took me over an hour to get in. Fortunatley I missed some of the opening band "A Bullet for My Valentine" which were probably the worst band I have ever seen live in my 10 year concert going history. They left the stage at 950! After an hour and ten minute wait Axl and co got on stage...

The new lineup from what I remeber includes Dizzy, Robin Fincch (From NIN), Tommy Stinton (Replacements...boy is he busy) and a few others I can't remember. I must warn you I owned Appetite and Use Your Illusion about 10 years ago and sold them ions ago because I needed some cash and to make room so I don't remebr all the songs that well... here is what I remembered they played (not and order and very incomplete)

Opener was...

Welcome to The Jungle (That was sweeeeeeeet even though Slash was not playing)

Live and Let Die

Sweet Child of Mine

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

You Could Be Mine

Knocking on Heavens Door

November Rain

Patience

Paradise City

My Michele W/Sebastian Bach

Night Train

a bunch of new songs..maybe 5 or 6....and I was not impressed with any of them :unsure

Umm the show was entertaining..and I am sure it would be even better if I knew all the songs...Axls voice sounded pretty good considering and I still had a wonderful time! I was really hoping for Estranged (My Fav) or Don't Cry but other than that no complaints....after all they played for 130 minutes!!!! :rock

Edited by remphish1
The new lineup from what I remeber includes Dizzy, Robin Fincch (From NIN), Tommy Stinton (Replacements...boy is he busy)

What, no Buckethead? :lol

I saw GNFR at the Garden a couple years ago--their last show until now I guess. I remember because me and a buddy went and then we heard the day after that Axl had cancelled the rest of the tour.

Izzy is remoured to be in town and may make a surprise appearance, but he's not in the band (shocking I know since the other members of the famous lineup aren't either).

Band is:

Axl

Richard Fortus - guitar

Bumblefoot - guitar

Robin Finck - guitar

Tommy Stinson - bass

Brain - drums

Dizzy Reed - keyboards

Chris Pitman - keyboards

sick that I know this stuff.

I wonder why he just does not call it The Axl Rose Band.

That's how I've been referring to it for the last few years now. I refuse to call the current lineup of jokers "Guns N' Roses." It's disrespectful to the old lineup of jokers.

Axl's very protective of the name, to which he owns the rights. I think there was even some litigation several years ago between he and the old guys where he tried (successfully) to get them to give up their rights to the name to him.