Who will win the World Cup in 2006?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the world Cup in 2006?

• Brazil
    • France
    • USA
    • Germany
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Holland
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Ghana
  2. 2. How far will the US team make it?

• Won't make it into the round of 16
    • will lose in the round of 16
    • Will make it to Quarter finals but no futher
    • Will Make the Semi-Finals but Lose :(
    • Will make it to the Finals the furthest ever for an American Team only to lose and disappoint America
    • Will Win it ALL ( I Know Wishful Thinking)

Ought to be an interesting game. First time in hundreds of years the French have advanced on Munich, will they just lay down and surrender?

As for Italy, if they can quit flopping to the ground and grabbing their knees in agony everytime someone gets remotely close to them they may have a shot. Fucking great actors the Azzuri.

By the way Germany beats the shit out of Portugal in the 3rd place game.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Laminated Kat

Rooney is not the only one shoving in that clip. After watching this several times I am even more convinced that the red was total bull shit.

GO ITALY!

Guest ScottHoward

Why does everyone have such a hard-on for Zidane?

I dont get it. I strongly dislike both him and the French.

I've been wondering/thinking the same thing about the Italians. At least the French don't collapse in apparent agony every time the wind changes.

It's definitely not the final I'd hoped to see, but I'll be cheering on the French.

Thank FSM you came in on this thread to voice your opinion. I was at first surpised that you didn't regularly comment in this thread about how you think soccer is a ghey sport and such. Then I remembered you weren't allowed to. Why don't you go state your opinion about something you don't secretly hate.

Guest ScottHoward
Thank FSM you came in on this thread to voice your opinion. I was at first surpised that you didn't regularly comment in this thread about how you think soccer is a ghey sport and such. Then I remembered you weren't allowed to. Why don't you go state your opinion about something you don't secretly hate.

I dont like the French and that's hardly a secret. Also, I think you may be legally retarded.

I've been wondering/thinking the same thing about the Italians. At least the French don't collapse in apparent agony every time the wind changes.

It's definitely not the final I'd hoped to see, but I'll be cheering on the French.

did you see any flopping/collapsing in Italy's game against Germany? it was actually the Germans who were screaming for calls that were not there.

Portugal are the worst offenders. truly hideous, especially that little scum Ronaldo.

what have you got against italians, anyway?

Guest ScottHoward
did you see any flopping/collapsing in Italy's game against Germany? it was actually the Germans who were screaming for calls that were not there.

Portugal are the worst offenders. truly hideous, especially that little scum Ronaldo.

what have you got against italians, anyway?

The Portuguese are huge whiners.

As for your question, though you didnt ask me - I am curious, are we talking Italians or Italian-Americans?

Huge difference.

Edited by ScottHoward
I dont like the French and that's hardly a secret. Also, I think you may be legally retarded.

I was not talking about the French. I was talking about you. I will not spell it out for you. Also, I am pretty sure you are nothing more than a bag full of hot air who thinks his sophomoric humor is actually funny.

Guest ScottHoward
A. I was not talking about the French. I was talking about you. I will not spell it out for you.

B. Also, I am pretty sure you are nothing more than a bag full of hot air who thinks his sophomoric humor is actually funny.

A. I dont understand how commenting on specific teams and players in the World Cup, in a thread titled "World Cup 2006" can, in any way, shape or form agitate you. Maybe your velcro shoes are on too tight.

B. You've got no disagreement from me there.

A. I dont understand how commenting on specific teams and players in the World Cup, in a thread titled "World Cup 2006" can, in any way, shape or form agitate you. Maybe your velcro shoes are on too tight.

B. You've got no disagreement from me there.

I am so glad you are the slow one. Ignoance must be bliss. :punch

You're off your nut.

Wow, you really got me there. Continue with the weak bits. Let me know whenever you plan on saying something with a semblance of thought or meaning.

The Portuguese are huge whiners.

As for your question, though you didnt ask me - I am curious, are we talking Italians or Italian-Americans?

Huge difference.

well, my parents are from Italy, and we were brought up speaking Italian. my sister moved back to live there years ago. so i am italian-american, but not in the way you probably think. i know the difference that you are talking about. some people think they are italian simply because their great grandmother used to make meatballs, or because they know what calamari is.

when somebody insults the italian soccer team, i feel like they are insulting the culture and the type of people they are. i know i shouldn't take it that way, but i do.

when somebody insults the italian soccer team, i feel like they are insulting the culture and the type of people they are. i know i shouldn't take it that way, but i do.

You definitely shouldn't take it that way. I love Italy and all things Italian, and when I finally made it to continental Europe many years ago that was the first place I wanted to go. The only thing I can think of that I don't love about Italy is their style of international soccer (flop & complain).

I'm not nearly so enthusiastic about France, but they're playing Italy, so guess who I'll be cheering for?

You definitely shouldn't take it that way. I love Italy and all things Italian, and when I finally made it to continental Europe many years ago that was the first place I wanted to go. The only thing I can think of that I don't love about Italy is their style of international soccer (flop & complain).

I'm not nearly so enthusiastic about France, but they're playing Italy, so guess who I'll be cheering for?

ok, that's cool. in the end, it's only a soccer game anyway. although i must confess that, come Sunday, it will feel much more than that...i guess that's what makes it such a great sport.

ok, that's cool. in the end, it's only a soccer game anyway. although i must confess that, come Sunday, it will feel much more than that...i guess that's what makes it such a great sport.

Definitely.

My feelings about Italy and the Italian side are similar to my feelings about New York and the Yankees, if that helps put it into perspective. I love New York, but I will never, ever cheer for the Yankees under any circumstances.

Officials: Italy Cup win no scandal help

ROME, July 6 (UPI) -- Suspects in a massive soccer match-fixing scandal will not get off easily even if Italy wins the World Cup, officials say.

There'll be no amnesty, as proposed in Parliament, no matter what Italy does in the Cup finale Sunday, Sports Minister Giovanna Melandri and the Soccer Federation's Guido Rossi said.

Four top clubs -- Juventus, AC Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina -- face discipline if a special FIGC tribunal finds them guilty of misconduct.

The tribunal is also considering the cases of 26 club executives and Federation officials, ANSA said.

Main reason I am pulling for France. I could really care less though between Italy-France. I am hoping for a good match.