Who will win the World Cup in 2006?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the world Cup in 2006?

• Brazil
    • France
    • USA
    • Germany
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Holland
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Ghana
  2. 2. How far will the US team make it?

• Won't make it into the round of 16
    • will lose in the round of 16
    • Will make it to Quarter finals but no futher
    • Will Make the Semi-Finals but Lose :(
    • Will make it to the Finals the furthest ever for an American Team only to lose and disappoint America
    • Will Win it ALL ( I Know Wishful Thinking)

Guest Laminated Kat
The Portuguese are huge whiners.

They certainly are. I actually hope that Germany wipes the pitch with them. There were a number of times they fell to the ground in COMPLETE agony against England without even being touched. Fucking ridiculous.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They certainly are. I actually hope that Germany wipes the pitch with them. There were a number of times they fell to the ground in COMPLETE agony against England without even being touched. Fucking ridiculous.

Cristiano Rolando is the definition of a smug dick.

The sad thing for me, being an England fan, is that I know our boys could've performed so much better. They didn't let anyone down though, the inept stewardship did. I looked at all the teams left in the semi's and thought "meh!". None of them have been that special, with the exception of Germany, who have come on leaps and bounds since the tournament started.

Knowing that all these guys were beatable just makes me feel so sad. The winners will be deserved, but there have been no teams that have come in and ripped the tournament apart from start to finish like there usually is. Argentina threatened to do it, Italy looked average during the group phase, whilst the French looked terrible in the group games.

A wasted opportunity for the English.

Ah get over it m_thomp. You don't hear the Angolans moaning!

France, in addition to the U.S., Canada and the United Kingdom, is one of the four countries I'd lay down my life for. (Maybe Holland too. And definitely the Iroquois Confederacy. Make that five.)

Let's go take some scalps! Where's Jane McCrea?

Let's go take some scalps! Where's Jane McCrea?

Scalping is a little too similar to shaving, which makes my left testicle uneasy.

arc-de-triomphe-02.jpg

Allow more subs or something. This overtime was a snooze fest. Italy's whole team's just about dead. And of course, pks to decide it. By this point I don't even care who wins.

Zidane's headbutt was the most exciting play of the match.

edit: Crossbar wins the Cup !!!

Edited by parisisstale

I think Zidane became unhinged when Buffon took that header away from him.

WCUP2.jpg

Congrats to the Azzurri. They certainly played well and deserve to be the champions.

WCUP.jpg

I wasn't aware that U2 was the official sponsor of the world cup... I dont even know the amount of times that I heard streets have no name

Overall good game, Zidane is a true European footballer. I wouldnt expect anything less out of him, I thought it was fricken hilarious, and did you notice that he got a tittie twister right before that haha

Props to Italy. :hmm

One of the things I love about this sport is that a team can win even when it's outplayed -- which the Italians were for the vast majority of the match. The Zidane ejection was a huge blow to the French, who just seemed to deflate afterwards (granted, there wasn't a lot of time left by then). What a totally stupid incident.

Zidane's idiocy makes it easier for me to stomach an Italian win. ;)

I wasn't aware that U2 was the official sponsor of the world cup... I dont even know the amount of times that I heard streets have no name

Couldn't agree more about the U2 monopoly on airtime. A good friend of mine said it best: "Bono, come down off your cross." I suppose now I shall say, "Bono, stay on your cross if you want, but stop interrupting my football with more of your pretentious, over-the-top songs."

Props to Italy. :hmm

One of the things I love about this sport is that a team can win even when it's outplayed -- which the Italians were for the vast majority of the match. The Zidane ejection was a huge blow to the French, who just seemed to deflate afterwards (granted, there wasn't a lot of time left by then). What a totally stupid incident.

Zidane's idiocy makes it easier for me to stomach an Italian win. ;)

I have to disagree with the outplayed comment, unless you mean fouls count as outplaying a team. France committed 24 fouls, gave up the only free kick of the game, and received 3 Yellow Cards and 1 Red Card. Also, Italy maintained possession for 55% of the game. Add to that the botched offsides call against Toni, and I think you'll see that France didn't outplay Italy.

botched offsides call against Toni

With all due respect, you're on crack. He was clearly offside -- by at least a couple of feet.

I have to disagree with the outplayed comment, unless you mean fouls count as outplaying a team. France committed 24 fouls, gave up the only free kick of the game, and received 3 Yellow Cards and 1 Red Card.

Fouls don't really mean much. The French had the more dangerous chances throughout, and kept the ball in the Italian end much more than the Italians were able to press the attack in the French end. Possession is also a pretty misleading statistic -- if you're kicking it around at the back, you'll have more possession.

And what does "gave up the only free kick of the game" mean? There's a free kick after every foul.

edit: Plus, I noticed that you conveniently omitted that France won 7 corner kicks to Italy's 5. Interesting how we can find statistics to back up whatever we think we saw, ain't it? ;)

Couldn't agree more about the U2 monopoly on airtime. A good friend of mine said it best: "Bono, come down off your cross." I suppose now I shall say, "Bono, stay on your cross if you want, but stop interrupting my football with more of your

I'm no fan of U2, but I find this comment a little silly. it's not like they were cutting into games to play their "pretentious, over-the-top songs".

personsally, I don't really care what music they used, I was watching it for the game, something the music never interfered with.

Couldn't agree more about the U2 monopoly on airtime. A good friend of mine said it best: "Bono, come down off your cross." I suppose now I shall say, "Bono, stay on your cross if you want, but stop interrupting my football with more of your pretentious, over-the-top songs."

I have to disagree with the outplayed comment, unless you mean fouls count as outplaying a team. France committed 24 fouls, gave up the only free kick of the game, and received 3 Yellow Cards and 1 Red Card. Also, Italy maintained possession for 55% of the game. Add to that the botched offsides call against Toni, and I think you'll see that France didn't outplay Italy.

I was pulling for Italy and they deserved the victory, but some of your comments are ludicrous.

Toni was clearly offsides, I don't what Balboa was talking about. And Italy did NOTHING offensively for the last 60 minutes of the match. They were hanging on for dear life in OT, while France was applying all the pressure.

I was pulling for Italy and they deserved the victory, but some of your comments are ludicrous.

No, foo... get it rite-

I'm Ludacris, and my comments are da troof.

ludacris%20&%20Lisa.jpg

Word to ya mother, with whom I posed for the picture. Peace and ho's!