Who will win the World Cup in 2006?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the world Cup in 2006?

• Brazil
    • France
    • USA
    • Germany
    • England
    • Argentina
    • Holland
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Ghana
  2. 2. How far will the US team make it?

• Won't make it into the round of 16
    • will lose in the round of 16
    • Will make it to Quarter finals but no futher
    • Will Make the Semi-Finals but Lose :(
    • Will make it to the Finals the furthest ever for an American Team only to lose and disappoint America
    • Will Win it ALL ( I Know Wishful Thinking)

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than England, I think Croatia will do well again

Apparently, their whole squad has been hit by food poisoning and diahorrea. They'll certainly need to, ahem, shore up the defence, if they want to avoid leaving the wrong kind of mark on the tournament.

Will do surprisingly well: Australia

Biggest shock: Italy not getting out of their group.

I agree about Australia, though that's not the easiest group to get out of. I think they'll take care of Japan, though, so it'll all depend on what Croatia brings. I think we can assume that Brazil will win the group.

I also (optimistically) agree that Italy won't get out of their group, but doubt it'll be that much of a shock to anyone but the Italians themselves. They'll blame it on the scandal, but they're in a really tough group and if the Americans come to play, the Azzuri could find themselves heading home early.

Apparently, their whole squad has been hit by food poisoning and diahorrea. They'll certainly need to, ahem, shore up the defence, if they want to avoid leaving the wrong kind of mark on the tournament.

Maybe the food poisoning and diahorrea will give them a bit of an edge and 'hurry up' about their game. I always think that these sorts of solid teams (without much in the way of stand-out players or natural flare) seem to do well in the World Cup; Germany being another rather boring team to watch, that don't let in a lot of goals, yet somehow manage to score a goal to win or hold their nerve during extra time and penalties.

I agree that Italy will do badly, although if they go out in the first round then doesn't that mean that the USA will probably go through or Ghana (assuming that the Czechs are the group winners), that would be even more surprising. Although America are certainly getting better and better each time I see them.

I think the diarrhea story is probably a ruse. I mean, would you want to slide-tackle a guy who has explosive diarrhea? England should have no problem with ball possession.

Guest Laminated Kat
Wathcin TV streamed to my PC at work. God bless the IT department :cheers

Is Germany 1 hr ahead of the UK? I am trying to figure out the time difference so I can watch England play tomorrow AM. They are playing at 3pm Germany time.

Is Germany 1 hr ahead of the UK? I am trying to figure out the time difference so I can watch England play tomorrow AM. They are playing at 3pm Germany time.

That sounds right. It starts 2 pm British summer time here.

German goal was a screamer. Trust them to start playing well as soon as the competition starts.

Guest Laminated Kat

I really don't care much until the England/Sweden match. Then I'll be on the edge of my seaat. Please god let them beat Sweden this time around.

Do you want updates or will you get to see highlights so I should keep quiet? I'll only be here for the first half anyway. DEcent match so far, not the usual dull affair for an opening game of the tourny.

Gehen Deutscher!!!!!!!!!!!

2-1 Germany Halftime!!!

Paraguay VS England 9 am eastern/ 8 am central/ 7 am mountain/ 6 am pacific

on Saturday June 10th

Trinidad and Tobago VS Sweden noon eastern/ 11am central/ 10 am mountain/ 9 am pacific

On Saturday June 10th

England VS Sweden 3 pm eastern/ 2 pm central/ 1 pm mountain/ noon pacific

on Tuesday June 20th

Click on the match time and it will convert it to your local time.

Watching TV streamed to my PC at work on the intranet. God bless the IT department :cheers

(this just means that they know if they didn't everyone would be in the pub already)

Germany score!

What site you using I can only get text commentary :upset

Guest Laminated Kat
Gehen Deutscher!!!!!!!!!!!

2-1 Germany Halftime!!!

Paraguay VS England 9 am eastern/ 8 am central/ 7 am mountain/ 6 am pacific

on Saturday June 10th

Trinidad and Tobago VS Sweden noon eastern/ 11am central/ 10 am mountain/ 9 am pacific

On Saturday June 10th

England VS Sweden 3 pm eastern/ 2 pm central/ 1 pm mountain/ noon pacific

on Tuesday June 20th

Click on the match time and it will convert it to your local time.

Thanks!

So I will be watching soccer in lieu of my 10 mile run tomorrow. At least I have an excellent excuse.

I have scheduled the 1pm game on the 20th in to my work calendar now. I can't wait!

Intranet. Sorry! BBC may be streaming highlights I heard, but I would not be able to check as any media streaming from the internet is blocked.

Intranet. Sorry! BBC may be streaming highlights I heard, but I would not be able to check as any media streaming from the internet is blocked.

My bad...

It's ok the old skool Tivo is recording all the highlights for me.

This stunning piece of investigative journalism is accessible via a link on FIFAworldcup.com. The link is labelled "VIP Columns: Claudia Schiffer's Analysis."

'I'm totally thrilled'

9 June 2006

by FIFAworldcup.com

Claudia Schiffer' date=' top model[/b']

Discovered by an agent in a nightclub in 1987 in Dusseldorf, she is considered one of the most beautiful women in the world. As a leading international model she has appeared on more than 500 magazines covers - Time Magazine, Elle, Harper

This stunning piece of investigative journalism is accessible via a link on FIFAworldcup.com. The link is labelled "VIP Columns: Claudia Schiffer's Analysis."

Beauty and Brains :punch

As an American, I can't help but root for the U.S., but if we win, the rest of the world will totally totally TOTALLY fucking hate us instead of just totally fucking hating us.

As an American, I can't help but root for the U.S., but if we win, the rest of the world will totally totally TOTALLY fucking hate us instead of just totally fucking hating us.

Seriously, even though there's little chance the U.S. can win this thing, can you imagine if we actually did?

No joke, it would set world relations with the U.S. and the rest of the world back by a mile. Particularly Europe, the hate that they have for us would go up TEN-FOLD.

Edited by Moltisanti