looking for New Madrid intro tab..

anyone?

i'll buy you a :beer

How 'bout an Abba programme?

Actually, I was messing around with this on a keyboard the other day (on the banjo patch) and mostly got it. I should be able to generate some guitar tab

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Speed Racer

I'm really bad with writing out actual tabs, but I know the intro. I'll get my guitar out a little later and try to explain it to you... :yes

I'll start by suggesting you poke around with your hands in an A chord (open, not barred), then Bm then D...It's all on the first three strings. I haven't played this song in a LONG time, I have no guitar in front of me and this is from memory. More detailed later.

Edited by Speed Racer

House was a rerun last night and my girlfriend dumped me, so I had a bit of time to take a stab at this one. You know, before I got drunk and fell down. Here's my go for the intro:

1..+.....+.....+.....+.....2..+.....+.....+.....+......

e--------------------0-----|--0--------------0--------|

B-----2--------------2-----|--3--------3-p2-----------|

G--------2-----4-----------|--------4-----------2-----|

D--------------------------|--------------------------|

A--------------------------|--------------------------|

E--------------------------|--------------------------|

3..+.....+.....+.....+.....4..+.....+.....+.....+......

e--2--------2-----------2--|-----------2--------------|

B--3--------------3--------|-----3--------------------|

G--4-----4-----------4-----|--------2--------2--------|

D--------------------------|--4-----------------4-----|

A--------------------------|--------------------------|

E--------------------------|--------------------------|

This is, of course, guitar tab as I don't know how to play banjo (though I've played a banjitar before) I'm sure those of us adept with the banjo can transfer this over.

Thanks, Froggie and John. I got nice and smashed the night it happened and the room didn't stop spinning completely until 4:00 or so the next day. You know, they tell you alcohol numbs the pain but you don't fully believe it until you're lying on the floor because you're not sure if your legs are still attached to your body.

Thanks, Froggie and John. I got nice and smashed the night it happened and the room didn't stop spinning completely until 4:00 or so the next day. You know, they tell you alcohol numbs the pain but you don't fully believe it until you're lying on the floor because you're not sure if your legs are still attached to your body.

I think you need to change your sig. I recommend a line from Merle Haggard's "I'm Going To Break Every Heart I Can", or perhaps if that's too soon, Ben Folds' "Song For The Dumped"