funny, but what I've seen they draw more or as much as anyone, and they unmerchandise everyone by far. if it were my business and that's what you consider hated I'd take it.

You acknowledge that they are the most hated and then take issue when someone else considers them hated?

Ozzie says stupid things about violence sometimes. It's true. He's also friends with Ugie Urbina.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You acknowledge that they are the most hated and then take issue when someone else considers them hated?

Ozzie says stupid things about violence sometimes. It's true. He's also friends with Ugie Urbina.

it was a joke dude. if the yankees are the most hated, that are clearest also amongst the most beloved.

I think it's quite possible for them to be the most loved and the most hated at the same time. No one else has more fans, but no one else has as many people who hate them. It's not a contradiction at all.

there you go. I just need to read down sometimes

Just got back from Cubbies and Tigers. Good times. My boys brought their bats today.

I think I might have had a little more fun seeing them on the South Side last week though, mainly because all the Cubs fans there knew the Tigers were the better team. The White Sox fans have a reasonable expectation to win nearly every game, so it was a lot more satisfying to be there rooting for the Tigers and watching the Sox lose. The Cubs fans all seemed pretty resigned to losing as soon as the game started.

He didn't feel the need to talk out of his ass when he was with the Marlins.

He hasn't said anything lately that I would consider out of line. He's fiery, yes. But he's also very smart and he knows what he's doing.

It's moves like this that explain why the Cubs struggle so much:

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs agreed to a contract Sunday with fifth-round draft pick Jeff Samardzija of Notre Dame, a star wide receiver for the Fighting Irish football team.

Wow, I didn't know Garland came up through the Cubs organization.

I got all excited for Kenny Rogers' double today (made more exciting by the fact that, other than that one swing, he never took the bat off his shoulder), but Garland definately wins as far as exciting at bats for American League pitchers today.

So, is there any doubt who the rookie of the year is?

.314 BA, on pace for 29 homers, 103 rbi, and 117 runs. 893 OPS.

And it's a second baseman for the Marlins, so nobody knows who he is. Dan Uggla is having an unbelievable year.

well I sure hope it's not true as well....I have always liked Albert, though he is not a personal favorite or anything. By association, he is looking pretty guilty - but I don't want to rack any accusations on him until we have some pretty solid evidence. It doesn't look good though :(

My favorite Cardinal position player is David Eckstein......you think he's been juicing? :lol

A couple years ago the STL weekly paper ran a joke cover story about Willie McGee, admitting years of steroid use......it was a good read. :yay

mcgee_willie.jpg

Wow, I didn't know Garland came up through the Cubs organization.

Yup, I forgot who they traded him for - Graham would know. I believe it was the last Cubs/Sox trade? I could be wrong though.....I am not well versed in these things. Made a bad trade there though. :lol

He is much better looking sans glasses and ina Sox uniform ;)

garland_200.jpg

oh, Graham says that is an old rumor.....and one I hadn't heard. I can't imagine that would happen. I do miss Rowand though. He is pretty darn cool. He also likes Nerds candy. :yes

So, is there any doubt who the rookie of the year is?

.314 BA, on pace for 29 homers, 103 rbi, and 117 runs. 893 OPS.

And it's a second baseman for the Marlins, so nobody knows who he is. Dan Uggla is having an unbelievable year.

Uggla is having a great year, but I'd put Papelbon as a serious contender for ROTY as well, assuming he can reach 40+ saves and maintains a decent e.r.a. (he's at a ridiculous 0.25 or somethingg now, though he certainly won't maintain this for the season). All this assuming he continues to dominate as he has and can bounce back from a few blown saves, though he's yet to blow a game.