• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uggla is having a great year, but I'd put Papelbon as a serious contender for ROTY as well, assuming he can reach 40+ saves and maintains a decent e.r.a. (he's at a ridiculous 0.25 or somethingg now, though he certainly won't maintain this for the season). All this assuming he continues to dominate as he has and can bounce back from a few blown saves, though he's yet to blow a game.

Papelbon would not be competing with Uggla fo NL Rookie of the Year. :P

edit: yep.

doh! Haven't had the coffee yet.

Braves v. Sox game last night was a nail-biter. Almost 4 hrs. to finish. Bobby Cox was down-right and visibly pissed at his bullpen's continued inability to hold leads, notably for Smotlz (5th time this year, I believe, they've shat the bed on Smoltz).

Edited by Lammycat

It's because they're trying to trade big brother Jeff. They had to send Jered down so that they don't look too desperate. The younger Weaver will be back up before the All-Star break, if not before the end of the month.

yeah, I was thinking get his bro out. What happened to Jeff ?

His career went south

I was under the impression that he was pitching OK for the Dodgers.

doh! Haven't had the coffee yet.

Braves v. Sox game last night was a nail-biter. Almost 4 hrs. to finish. Bobby Cox was down-right and visibly pissed at his bullpen's continued inability to hold leads, notably for Smotlz (5th time this year, I believe, they've shat the bed on Smoltz).

Stick a fork in us. We're done. I have middling hopes for next year.

I'll always have bourbon however. It never lets me down like those poop head Braves. They just don't have the will or talent to actually win right now. Very sad. I've been watching until about the 5th-7th inning and going to sleep knowing the outcome. I haven't been wrong yet. I was almost turned into a Red Sox fan last night. Almost.

I was under the impression that he was pitching OK for the Dodgers.

He pitches for the Angels.

I'd like it if nobody ruined this moment for me.

I'm guessing the Braves will take care of ruining it for you, in time. But yeah, gotta enjoy it in the meantime.

He pitches for the Angels.

I'm guessing the Braves will take care of ruining it for you, in time. But yeah, gotta enjoy it in the meantime.

The Marlins and Braves are on opposite ends of the spectrum right now. The Braves are looking to acquire help right now, while the Marlins are content to sit on our prospects.

I maintain that even though Renteria's hitting well, trading Andy Marte for him was a ridiculously stupid move.

I think it's still way too early to decide on that trade. Depends on how the rest of this year turns out for the Braves, as well as how well the rest of Marte's career turns out. It's still way too early to declare him not to be a total bust. If he ends up as good as the hype dictated he was supposed to, then yeah, it was probably a bad move, but I don't know how you can be sure it was a bad move at this point, before Marte has even really established himself.

I think it's still way too early to decide on that trade. Depends on how the rest of this year turns out for the Braves, as well as how well the rest of Marte's career turns out. It's still way too early to declare him not to be a total bust. If he ends up as good as the hype dictated he was supposed to, then yeah, it was probably a bad move, but I don't know how you can be sure it was a bad move at this point, before Marte has even really established himself.

Well, I'd say an average all around shortstop for a guy who had been consistently ranked in the top 10 of all prospects in baseball sounds pretty unbalanced.

But then, I heard Marte didn't want to switch positions, so he was pretty well blocked in Atlanta.

Guest baseball bobblehead
he didn't like won ton soup anymore ?

um, he's been back in the states for a while, but has been on the dl for months with a ruptured achilles. the players lobbied management to get him back from japan.

Well, I'd say an average all around shortstop for a guy who had been consistently ranked in the top 10 of all prospects in baseball sounds pretty unbalanced.

But then, I heard Marte didn't want to switch positions, so he was pretty well blocked in Atlanta.

The Braves have a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG history of trading away "top" prospects that never work out and fade away after 2-3 years. Seems like David Nied (sp?) was a "top" prospect and I don't even think he's playing baseball still. Or uh......I dunno.....Brooke Jacoby maybe? I really can't recall any player that the Braves traded away that obtained SUPERSTAR status AFTER the Braves traded him. Whereas there are a crapload of players that the Braves traded away that became mediocre.

As already stated, too early to tell. I'll tell ya this much, Marte wasn't really stunning too many people here.

Oh wait.....there was Brett Butler.