• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Braves have a LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG history of trading away "top" prospects that never work out and fade away after 2-3 years. Seems like David Nied (sp?) was a "top" prospect and I don't even think he's playing baseball still. Or uh......I dunno.....Brooke Jacoby maybe? I really can't recall any player that the Braves traded away that obtained SUPERSTAR status AFTER the Braves traded him. Whereas there are a crapload of players that the Braves traded away that became mediocre.

As already stated, too early to tell. I'll tell ya this much, Marte wasn't really stunning too many people here.

Oh wait.....there was Brett Butler.

Or perhaps the Braves actually have a history of hyping up prospects that they know aren't going to turn into much so that they can trade them for way above their real value. Maybe?

Or perhaps the Braves actually have a history of hyping up prospects that they know aren't going to turn into much so that they can trade them for way above their real value. Maybe?

Could be. But people keep trading for them. Or they did.

my uncle got Emily a PSP and she got that MLB 06 The Show for it.....it is superfantabulousticallyawesome........ :yes

I am totally not a video game person, but this one is addicting.

my uncle got Emily a PSP and she got that MLB 06 The Show for it.....it is superfantabulousticallyawesome........ :yes

I am totally not a video game person, but this one is addicting.

That game rules. Of the four games I have for PSP, it's my most played. I'm in the 11th year of a career.

There is a buzz around town about the Marlins (it's way, way, way below the buzz about the Heat, of course, but it's there). This is an exciting team that could be a .500 team this year.

right now I am just trying to figure out all the controls.....as I said, I am not a video game person, so it takes some getting used to. I am just doing quick play games right now and messing with the options.

Could be. But people keep trading for them. Or they did.

Yeah, it was just a theory I was throwing out there. I don't know if there's anything to it or anything.

There is a buzz around town about the Marlins (it's way, way, way below the buzz about the Heat, of course, but it's there). This is an exciting team that could be a .500 team this year.

Considering how low the expectations were set for the Marlins this year, I'd imagine the fans would really revel in a .500 season. Do you think Dontrelle is going to be moved, though?

Considering how low the expectations were set for the Marlins this year, I'd imagine the fans would really revel in a .500 season. Do you think Dontrelle is going to be moved, though?

In a word, no.

This team has a semi-realistic, mostly fantasy shot at making the playoffs (6.5 game out with 96 to play) so they won't trade Dontrelle unless it's an absolute can't miss deal (think an MLB ready CF, an MLB ready catcher, and a top level Pitching prospect). Basically, if he's not in a Marlin uniform by season's end he's in a Diamondback or Dodger uniform because those are absolutely the only teams with the prospects to get it done.

Also, I think I called for 73 wins in the last baseball thread, and I'm going to stick with that as the very bottom of our win total.

Unfortunately, the streak ends tonight, because they are facing a strikeout pitcher, and we strikeout alot. Cabrera strikes out at least 10.

Kate is having a "I hate it when mommy and daddy fight" moment as the White Sox take batting practice off Mulder. 9 hits, 9 runs this inning.

:blink

I am humoring Jake so he can watch "mega-disasters" on the History channel, and last I saw (just moments ago) the score it was 1-1.

oh Edie.....AJ and Crede with home runs.......

how awesome! how not!

I would like to see this series end Sox 2 / Cards 1

Cards have a little koosh in the central......Sox just can't be losing. Especially with Detroit manhandling the Brewers.

oh yeah, I forgot they are on TBS......however, I don't get to watch the Cardinals here, unless they are playing the Scrubs. So, I eat, sleep and breathe White Sox pretty much every day.

oh Edie.....AJ and Crede with home runs.......

how awesome! how not!

:yay YAY!!

At least they aren't natural rivals - Did someone here post the sign seen at the Cell this May held by a hubby/wife: "Sleeping with the enemy for 12 years"? :lol

yes, but do you watch the Braves every day of the week?

--

I just sat here screeching and moaning....that was awesome! but it wasn't! but it was!

Yeah. Yer point?

:realmad

wow.....this is just insane.

17-2 and ROss is up.....

This may be the worst Cardinal loss I have ever seen...... :cryin

but the biggest Sox win I have ever seen..... :w00t

edit - make that 18-2

errrrm 19-2