Hotel Arizona - JT solo

Does anybody know what two chords Jeff slides between for the intro G-A repetition in Hotel Arizona (solo acoustic)? I've been messing round with open C/open G, but keep coming back to standard tuning... I think he probably plays the song without a copo, but I'd really appreciate somebody who's seen him play this live on his own to confirm this.

Essentially, the chords on gumpopages look right to me, but the intro?

Here's hoping,

Alex

Does anybody know what two chords Jeff slides between for the intro G-A repetition in Hotel Arizona (solo acoustic)? I've been messing round with open C/open G, but keep coming back to standard tuning... I think he probably plays the song without a copo, but I'd really appreciate somebody who's seen him play this live on his own to confirm this.

Essentially, the chords on gumpopages look right to me, but the intro?

Here's hoping,

Alex

Sounds like standard tuning to me, with no capo. I don't know about how he fingers the chords live, but it's A6 to G6/A, like this:

E |------------

B |-7--7--5--5-

G |-6--6--4--4-

D |-7--7--5--5-

A |-0--0--0--0-

E |------------

Hope this helps.

I have never heard the solo version of this song, but as I was playing it just now, I think I figured out a riff towards the end of the album version...

G|-----------------11-9------9--|

D|-9-11-12-9---------12-----|

...and repeat.